MK1 Lincoln display issue

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 163TM186

MK1 Lincoln display issue

Post by NightProwler »

Hey all, I got a MK1 Lincoln here which has had a hard life, The radio works fine but if you switch it off then back on the display stays blank and the radio does nothing, No RX or TX either but switch it off then back on again and it's back to life. Anyone got any ideas? Hope this makes sense.

Cheers all...Rich :thumbup:
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
dt307
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 163dt307

Re: MK1 Lincoln display issue

Post by dt307 »

have had the exact same issue years and years ago and cured it.thing is i have a brain like a fish lol

i am sure was on the cpu board the issue was and was a 5v reg or the 8v reg had to be removed and replaced properly

sure it was conductive glue causing an intermittent switch on off fault shorting the regulator out to the tracks under it.

make sure and check the voltages on the reg/s in working non working state esp the 5v one as it tends to go high >6v and the mpu has a hissy fit.

and while you have your conductive glue removing head on remove it from the pa section
163dt307-chris

“I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.”
― Albert Einstein
163TM847
Veteran
Veteran

Post by 163TM847 »

You may also need to replace the electrolytics on the display board.
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 163TM186

Post by NightProwler »

Thank you chaps I shall look into it :thumbup:
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death