board found in old president lincoln

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
WARLOCK
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM134

board found in old president lincoln

Post by WARLOCK »

found this extra board in a president lincoln 1 ,the board has 2 of the following chip with numbers = P8906G / CD4093BCN / MM5693BN I have been told it could be something called a chip switch that was fitted to the early lincolns any thoughts please,
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Re: board found in old president lincoln

Post by MrWeetabix »

Chipswitch currently being discussed on this thread......

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=54077
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
wa10
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by wa10 »

president lincoln cursor board would be my guess
W8JI
"An antenna with a poor ground using few radials cannot have a support mast grounded to the radial common point (at least it shouldn't if designed properly) There is no exception to this!
cubwolf
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: M3CBY

Post by cubwolf »

It sounds like a board that SJ Tonks sold. Basically it made the channel buttons on the mic mirror the channel switch instead of them defaulting to the zeros when pushed. I did have the installation paperwork but i cant find it.
WARLOCK
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by WARLOCK »

Thanks to all who replied to my question, once again THANKS
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

WARLOCK wrote:Thanks to all who replied to my question, once again THANKS
Now , if you had just stopped at the first "thanks" , then I would have thought "Fair enough . He's figured it out . But the fact that you shouted the second one makes me believe that you're just taking the pi$$ now .
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

easy now.... let's all play nicely........... thanks :thumbup:
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

MrWeetabix wrote:easy now
Will do . Think I'll need to start using some of the forum filters .....
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
WARLOCK
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by WARLOCK »

It is no wonder that many of good former members of this forum have said goodby with the amount of back stabbing that go,s on on this forum , you do not get this on any of the other forums out there , I asked a simple question to which many members offered me help which i thanked them for but as usual one of the chosen few had to do there little bit of back stabbing ,Why cant they/he let me get on enjoying my hobby , It looks to me that they/he own this forum or they/he think they do , I wish i was as clever as they/he i would not have to ask so many questions , but its asking questions that keep these forums going , If it was left to the chosen few what a boring forum it would be ,As i said no wonder many of the very good members we never hear from now have left this forum but you still hear them on other forums .
dt307
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 163dt307

Post by dt307 »

Nothing wrong with asking questions.
I say all the time.
It's not stupid to ask questions no matter how simple the problem.
I my self can with enough time and effort work most problems out.
But why should I spend 2 hrs fault finding when some one may know the answer off the top of their head due to having the same problem before..I would be stupid not to ask.

There is a wealth of knowledge about on here.
And every one I have mingled with has been great on here. I am not about much I am busy on fb groups but I still try to come and help when I can
163dt307-chris

“I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.”
― Albert Einstein
Stronty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Stronty »

In my own personal nearly 10 years on this forum as a member and a good year or so prior to that as a lurker (more of member lurker these days) I always found it was better to:

Ask questions
When you received answers to expand on whether it worked or not i.e. get a little more specific if you could. Detail, Detail, Detail....
Provide more information if at all possible if the thread starts to go dark.
Make it as interesting as possible not just for your own ends but for those partaking in the thread and those just reading it.
Reference other threads on this forum or other internet resources if at all possible.
Round the thread off to a close.

What you have then is a resource that can be used for others to reference and compliment as people join or come back.

Quite a few of us will remember when some or all of this was par for the course in this particular section of the forum, no reason not to bring it back up to that level if at all possible IMO.
Can't help but love an Adams.

astradyne

Post by astradyne »

I'd agree with the others and say it's a "cursor board" as they were called round this way back in the day. Very handy for mobile use when using the mic to change channel. Why on Earth President/Uniden didn't have this fitted as standard is beyond me.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
sec1223
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by sec1223 »

WARLOCK wrote:It is no wonder that many of good former members of this forum have said goodby with the amount of back stabbing that go,s on on this forum , you do not get this on any of the other forums out there , I asked a simple question to which many members offered me help which i thanked them for but as usual one of the chosen few had to do there little bit of back stabbing ,Why cant they/he let me get on enjoying my hobby , It looks to me that they/he own this forum or they/he think they do , I wish i was as clever as they/he i would not have to ask so many questions , but its asking questions that keep these forums going , If it was left to the chosen few what a boring forum it would be ,As i said no wonder many of the very good members we never hear from now have left this forum but you still hear them on other forums .
its always the same on here and always will be.. you always get someone that pisses you off for no reason and then you get a bollokin for retaliating.

and thats one of the reasons why i stopped posting and asking questions in here. its very rare i make an input to the forum now and theres a good few more people that are in the same frame of mind as me.
cant stand IGNORANT b******ds