Zetagi B300p Parts/mods

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
Mojo666
Call Sign: 26DM144

Zetagi B300p Parts/mods

Post by Mojo666 »

Hi, My pre-amp is making the receive drop out rather than increase the signal
I have replaced a few components but would like to replace the relay inside as I think it's this that is not functioning properly.
Would any of you know where I can get exact replacement Relays. And also, is there anything else worth doing while I'm in there ??.

** I'm not bothered about using the pre-amp side but I do want it to work as it should.**
;)
Many thanks
gpo999
Banned
Banned
Call Sign: FU

Re: Zetagi B300p Parts/mods

Post by gpo999 »

Use a Multimeter in the low ohms mode to test the contacts in the relay , it might not be the relay but you seem sure that it is .
It'll be the only way to be sure that it is playing up apart from swapping it out and some of them can be a real pain to get out as yours might be a double side pcb so their might be solder joints under the relay too .
If it ain't broke , try too .
Mojo666
Call Sign: 26DM144

Post by Mojo666 »

gpo999 wrote:Use a Multimeter in the low ohms mode to test the contacts in the relay , it might not be the relay but you seem sure that it is .
It'll be the only way to be sure that it is playing up apart from swapping it out and some of them can be a real pain to get out as yours might be a double side pcb so their might be solder joints under the relay too .
Yeah, I didn't think about the double sided business. The only reason I have put it down to the relay is after working the pre-amp switch a few times it seems to rectify itself. However after a few overs it it starts again. I have checked the switch out. Was thinking just a sticky relay. I will get the multimeter out to confirm.
Cheers
gpo999
Banned
Banned
Call Sign: FU

Post by gpo999 »

It does sound like the relay by what you have typed .

I tried to get 2 relays off a board using a hot air gun , melted one relay and bits fell of the double sided board , it went to the bin ..
If it ain't broke , try too .