Pres Lincoln II v3 - Echo O.T.T.?!

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
millsrocks
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26CT1388

Pres Lincoln II v3 - Echo O.T.T.?!

Post by millsrocks »

Hey.

Anyone else find that the echo on the Lincoln II is way over the top?
Even when led to turn the echo down according to the manual, it's still way too much.
i like a bit of echo, but just cant use it like it is.

If anyone has found any other way of adjusting it, please let me know.

Richie.
"Suicide Jockey"
26CT1388
Leatherhead, Surrey, UK.
-------------------------------
Radios:

President Grant II
Antennas:

Sirio Gain-Master (base)
Sirio 3000 Hi-power (mobile)
delboyonline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Pres Lincoln II v3 - Echo O.T.T.?!

Post by delboyonline »

Yes the echo is way too much even on its lowest settings.

I haven't heard of any way to sort it out, it may require a component change on the board.
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

I never use echo and only owned a L2 V1(crap),but hopefully when the V4 comes out this will be fixed for those that like to use echo,maybe the tester's never checked the echo function.President engineered to be the very best....no wonder they don't have that on the box of any new radio that is sold nowadays ;)
Plenty are talking worldwide on 27.555 usb,
Some are too far up their own @rse to admit it,
Many happen to know otherwise dx-ing test free,
Showing a complete lack of respect for the law.

27.555 Usb
cjay
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: cjay

Post by cjay »

The echo is controlled by a digital potentiometer but it does look possible to disable it if it's not an option in the menus.

As for 'too much, what do you mean, too long a delay, too loud, too long a decay period?
millsrocks
Regular
Regular

Post by millsrocks »

cjay wrote:The echo is controlled by a digital potentiometer but it does look possible to disable it if it's not an option in the menus.

As for 'too much, what do you mean, too long a delay, too loud, too long a decay period?

The echo is too loud, cjay...even at it's lowest setting.
infact, you can't really shorten it that much either.
You can turn it on and off tho via the 'echo' button.

I really like echo on FM...but subtle background stuff...gives the voice a spatial feel.
It's just unusable on this radio...which is a shame.
"Suicide Jockey"
26CT1388
Leatherhead, Surrey, UK.
Radios:

President Grant II
Antennas:

Sirio Gain-Master (base)
Mudslinger
Legend
Legend

Post by Mudslinger »

Strange, because the Alinco DR-135 which is very similar inside has a really good echo (as far as echos go)
Mudslinger - Simon
26TM274
26CT612

There is no such thing as a Fidelity 1000 which is too good to scrap.
andymuza
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by andymuza »

Mudslinger wrote:Strange, because the Alinco DR-135 which is very similar inside has a really good echo (as far as echos go)
Seconded, it is really good even though I would never use it for any form of transmission, I have a 148, Turner expander and Melos for that LOL.

Only joking, I don't have a Melos, anyone selling one? ha ha.
I will not be commanded, I will not be controlled.
n+1 the formula for working out how many radios you need with n being the current amount.
Kaos
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Kaos »

108EH002 wrote:I never use echo and only owned a L2 V1(crap),but hopefully when the V4 comes out this will be fixed for those that like to use echo,maybe the tester's never checked the echo function.President engineered to be the very best....no wonder they don't have that on the box of any new radio that is sold nowadays ;)
Hope you like long waits.

My Echo in my V2 and V3 are both fine. Not that I use it. Just tested it to see.
GeeFull
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by GeeFull »

On most radios that include an "Echo" there is usualy one function that works very well, the one turns it "OFF"! ;)
It may sound great to you, and a few like minded mates, but believe me most of the rest of the radio world are perfectly happy live without it! :D
19 for a copy I can just live with, 19 for a copy, copy, copy, copy, grates on the nerves after a while! ;)
Just remember you are not the one having to listen to it! :D
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

Kaos wrote:
108EH002 wrote:I never use echo and only owned a L2 V1(crap),but hopefully when the V4 comes out this will be fixed for those that like to use echo,maybe the tester's never checked the echo function.President engineered to be the very best....no wonder they don't have that on the box of any new radio that is sold nowadays ;)

My Echo in my V2 and V3 are both fine. Not that I use it. Just tested it to see.
Only going by what other's have said about their echo function as i wouldn't use an echo,even if it worked well.

27.555 Usb
GeeFull
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by GeeFull »

108EH002 wrote:
Kaos wrote:

Only going by what other's have said about their echo function as i wouldn't use an echo,even if it worked well.
Or even if it worked well, well, well, well! :thumbup:
millsrocks
Regular
Regular

Post by millsrocks »

GeeFull wrote:On most radios that include an "Echo" there is usualy one function that works very well, the one turns it "OFF"! ;)
It may sound great to you, and a few like minded mates, but believe me most of the rest of the radio world are perfectly happy live without it! :D
Cheers for the nice condescending reply GeeFull
I joined this forum hoping to get help with stuff :lol:

I'm sure some someone will come up with something constructive.
"Suicide Jockey"
26CT1388
Leatherhead, Surrey, UK.
Radios:

President Grant II
Antennas:

Sirio Gain-Master (base)
Kaos
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Kaos »

108EH002 wrote:
Kaos wrote:

Understood. I was sort of aiming the post at the V4 info.
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

Kaos wrote:Hope you like long waits.

Understood. I was sort of aiming the post at the V4 info.[/quote]

The fact that the V3 was out within less than a year (maybe even 6 month) makes me think there could be a V4 of this radio in the future or it will just be sold with a different name as they seem to do over in Anyclone land,maybe everyone who has a poor echo on their V3 is just unlucky,as you have one that work's,but if a company can "improve" a radio/profit's a little more by only adding a couple of pound's worth inside,then they will in my opinion,as it has not stopped them so far with the amount of clones on the market,give or take a few thing's like front end/Tx power.Still think it should cover 10/11/12M.

27.555 Usb
Kaos
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Kaos »

I had the V1 and within weeks it went back to president and they MODDED it and sent it back with a V2 sticker on the box. I then got a V3 to play with and the V2 outperforms the V3 on RX by a football field.

I understand the Lincoln 2 will be sold without the V3 sticker on. Subtle changes to the outside of the radio will be the distinguishing features, along with a Ser number etc.

No V4.