Ham international jumbo

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
Mattylad
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: RDX64

Re: Ham international jumbo

Post by Mattylad »

Then you can fill my cellar with them :)
Dragonfly
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM363

Post by Dragonfly »

Yes the Jumbo seems to have lost some of its cudos , Most CB operators have moved on to big HF sets with more knobs and buttons .
bigroy
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: bigroy

Post by bigroy »

does anyone no were i can get a channel selector for a ham jumbo
cjay
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: cjay

Post by cjay »

bigroy wrote:does anyone no were i can get a channel selector for a ham jumbo
What's the fault with the one you have?
bigroy
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: bigroy

Post by bigroy »

the one i have is missing digits only has one side of the digiys working other than at it works fine its for sale if anybody wants it
bigpimp347
Legend
Legend

Post by bigpimp347 »

one side of the digits,
check the wires on the top of the selector board, one wire is for 1 to 40 the other side is for 41 to 80,
not sure which colours for now, but some people remove one wire and put to the other so all bands read 1 to 40..
also check the solder joints around the same board.
I want to Die Asleep like my Grandad did,
Unlike his Passengers, Screaming and Shouting.!
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

Probably an urban myth, but the locals back in the 80's said that the 'Stealth' Jumbo wasn't a factory job, but an after market backstreet mod done by one of these offshore importers in the Isle of Man etc.

Just a UK eprom board, but instead of using a switch on the front they used the CW socket as a switch with a shorted jack, jack out 27/81 only via the eprom, jack in normal Jumbo, then a 27/81 sticker on the front.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
108xx002
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 108TM002

Post by 108xx002 »

Admiral wrote: 17 Oct 2014, 02:43 Probably an urban myth, but the locals back in the 80's said that the 'Stealth' Jumbo wasn't a factory job, but an after market backstreet mod done by one of these offshore importers in the Isle of Man etc.

Just a UK eprom board, but instead of using a switch on the front they used the CW socket as a switch with a shorted jack, jack out 27/81 only via the eprom, jack in normal Jumbo, then a 27/81 sticker on the front.
Resurrecting and old thread lol I purchased a Mk 1 Jumbo the other day, UK FM only till you short out the socket that was fitted in place of the frequency out socket...

Before cable tidy up

After cable tidy up...

Only problem is when radio in 'Export' mode the rx on FM is actually AM lol also Tune in for UK frequency and out and fully clockwise for the 5's lol

I was gonna do the dogs to this rig but seeing as its in nice condition and I don't fancy rewiring mode and band switches I shall keep this one as it is....for now...lol Had to replace the socket for a switch...for ease
Being a ham has benefits...certain religions stay away from me.
Day in and day out swl to same QRM from the same ops but on a different date.
If at first you do not succeed...it's because you never tried hard enough...