Lincoln 2 Engineering Mode!

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
delboyonline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Lincoln 2 Engineering Mode!

Post by delboyonline »

Stronty wrote:The Menu was going to come out one way or another, always!

Delboy MADE IT CLEAR AS GLASS as regards the WARNING.

A simple way to test DELBOYS Defaults would be for someone else to post theirs surely!

And the 3 people who have buggered it did all by themselves as no-one told them how to get to the menu here.

Thank you!!!

I have endeavored to make it clear that you should not mess around with these settings.

I have also refrained from posting HOW you get into the menu.

The defaults ARE UNIQUE to MY radio!!!! - Other radios ARE different!

It's simple - MESS ABOUT AND WRECK YOUR RADIO AND IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT!!!!
Vapor
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: dipstick

Post by Vapor »

Queball wrote:
Vapor wrote:
any chance of a video of your lincoln 2 on SSB with a strong station? as this is a hint its not hardware but perhaps a setting in the radio itself!
Have not done a video on either the new Lincoln or Grant yet as i normally like to test any new radios for a couple of weeks before uploading onto youtube.
Just a few questions Vapor, have you got one yet and if so where are you planning to transmit on it?
Ive got both the lincoln 2 and grant 2 and side by side the grant 2 is far better, i can transmit on 10 meter's in all mode's as i hold a full license to do so. the lincoln is sold as a amateur radio and on SSB it sounds like all the lincoln video's comparing received SSB against lincoln 1 and other sets. will be interesting to see your video in a few weeks, as i would like to hear a lincoln 2 without distortion on SSB with a medium to strong station.
CB dipstick

73's and Good DX people!
Vapor
Regular
Regular

Post by Vapor »

delboyonline wrote:
Stronty wrote:The Menu was going to come out one way or another, always!

Delboy MADE IT CLEAR AS GLASS as regards the WARNING.

A simple way to test DELBOYS Defaults would be for someone else to post theirs surely!

And the 3 people who have buggered it did all by themselves as no-one told them how to get to the menu here.

Thank you!!!

I have endeavored to make it clear that you should not mess around with these settings.

I have also refrained from posting HOW you get into the menu.

You could not have made it a clearer! Stay away from service menu's unless you have the correct test equipment and a service manual to know what each setting does.

The defaults ARE UNIQUE to MY radio!!!! - Other radios ARE different!

It's simple - MESS ABOUT AND WRECK YOUR RADIO AND IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT!!!!
CB dipstick

73's and Good DX people!
Warden
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM612

Post by Warden »

Queball wrote:
Vapor wrote:
any chance of a video of your lincoln 2 on SSB with a strong station? as this is a hint its not hardware but perhaps a setting in the radio itself!
Have not done a video on either the new Lincoln or Grant yet as i normally like to test any new radios for a couple of weeks before uploading onto youtube.
Just a few questions Vapor, have you got one yet and if so where are you planning to transmit on it?
Get it uploaded, never mind excuses. The 10/11 meter bands are open so lets see it.
26-TM-612

No one rules if no one obeys.

Winner of the amazing In before the lock game 09/09/14 :)
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

It seems crazy that each radio wouldn't have it's own factory defaults built in . As previously stated the 2nd hand market for these radios is now going to be a mine field . I mean who would buy one ? I wouldn't .
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
Vapor
Regular
Regular

Post by Vapor »

cb4ever104 wrote:It seems crazy that each radio wouldn't have it's own factory defaults built in . As previously stated the 2nd hand market for these now is going to be a mine field .

The radio does have a reset, but thats just for menu settings ect, the service menu cant have defaults as its for adjustments much like the hidden menu's on most ham radio's these days they are for service engineer's with the right test equipment. the problem will be fiddler's who think they can make things better just like they did with metallic screw drivers of old in ferrite core's!

but you are right, a mine field and unlike ferrite core's you have no idea what has been fiddled with. hopefully a service manual will appear with time which might give some with some knowledge a clue as to what the hidden menu contains.
CB dipstick

73's and Good DX people!
68DT464
Regular
Regular

Post by 68DT464 »

R55iaf and r55iul are calibration for s meter on am/fm and USB/lsb, be warned if you don't know what your doing you will kill your S meter until you figure out the correct signal to inject to recalibrate
redevil
Regular
Regular

Post by redevil »

I've put my Lincoln 2 back in it's box, don't rate it. President has made a big mistake out sourcing to another manufacturer rather than sticking with Uniden..
delboyonline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by delboyonline »

68DT464 wrote:R55iaf and r55iul are calibration for s meter on am/fm and USB/lsb, be warned if you don't know what your doing you will kill your S meter until you figure out the correct signal to inject to recalibrate
Thanks for the info.

I knew they had something to do with the s-meter but didn't cotton on to the AF being AM/FM and the UL being USB/LSB
delboyonline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by delboyonline »

simonthewizard wrote:Three not so wise men copied your settings down and now have serious issues with there radios. I think they come see your paypal account :!: One of them I have helped as managed to understand what he wanted amongst the swearing and the other two guess they take there radios back for that "no warranty" repair.

The reversal of the settings to how they were before is not easy at all.

Yep, heap of cheap radios for sale soon on the bay with off frequency being a big part of it.

One wrote to me, " I have changed my settings to Delboys and the radio is sh1te. Help me Simon, and where is the menu to make the power more"

No reply :geek: should have left it WELL WELL WELL ALONE
Got to be honest I don't know how 3 independent people managed to work out how to get into the menu (I didn't tell them), for some reason want and were able to change each value to the same as my radio (this would require a signal generator), and then contact you rather than simply reset the values back to what they were originally!(Something they could easily do with the forementioned signal generators)

There really must be some stupid people out there!
{bnghd}
DX-Digger
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: TM205

Post by DX-Digger »

delboyonline wrote:A list of MENU functions and default settings as shown on MY radio!

Please make special note - DO NOT PRESS THE "BAND" BUTTON WHILST IN ENGINEERING MODE - This resets the value to the current signal being received on the radio. You will need a signal generator to reset this to the proper value!!!!!!

YOU CAN SERIOUSLY F**K UP YOUR RADIO - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

ALSO - Please note the defaults are what MY RADIO has - That does not mean your radio is the same!!!!

RSS Relative Signal Strength probably sets the S-Meter levels

Is there a copy of the user manual available with all the specs etc pdf document maybe?
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
delboyonline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by delboyonline »

I think menu item 20 might be SWR adjustment (Suur)
68DT464
Regular
Regular

Post by 68DT464 »

It SUURE is ... Lol couldn't resist :D
delboyonline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by delboyonline »

Very good!
Stronty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Stronty »

So the Service Menu values are specific to the radio?

I can see that being the case with Menu items 1-6,

Items 10 thru 23 though?
Can't help but love an Adams.