CRT Hercule rotary channel changer jumps 2 channels

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Re: CRT Hercule rotary channel changer jumps 2 channels

Post by cb4ever104 »

Black Spirit wrote:After seeing what one looks like in Claudes photo i take back what i said in 2013 :lol: , The encoder is the same type used in Lincolns and the Cobra 25/29 [Cobra 25/29 are splined] and can easily be taken apart and repaired if it starts to skip.
Funnily enough I looked at Claude's photo as well and saw the splines . But I've never stripped down one from a Lincoln , so I wasn't sure if it was the same procedure .
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

Just in case anyone is looking for a Lincoln encoder I have spare on here amongst other Lincoln parts.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
CrazyFin

Post by CrazyFin »

astradyne wrote: 29 Oct 2017, 21:06 Just in case anyone is looking for a Lincoln encoder I have spare on here amongst other Lincoln parts.
Cool! I am actually looking for 1 or 2 more of the EWRT32097S channel selectors.
Does your encoders look like this one: http://stores.goldeneagleradios.com/gal ... 2b-dx2527/ i.e. having a spline in the shaft and with 5 pins?
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

CrazyFin wrote: 16 Nov 2017, 12:00
astradyne wrote: 29 Oct 2017, 21:06 Just in case anyone is looking for a Lincoln encoder I have spare on here amongst other Lincoln parts.
Cool! I am actually looking for 1 or 2 more of the EWRT32097S channel selectors.
Does your encoders look like this one: http://stores.goldeneagleradios.com/gal ... 2b-dx2527/ i.e. having a spline in the shaft and with 5 pins?
I will have a look in the morning for you Mr. C.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
magicspeakeruk
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 2e0mbo

Post by magicspeakeruk »

I bought 2 of these Galaxy Channel Selector DX22B / DX2527 and have one spare they fit in the rangers 2990 and the galaxy Saturn turbo by the time you get them over here it works out at £36.00 each $14.95 x2 for the part $40.00 shipping the £18.00 import duty.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CrazyFin

Post by CrazyFin »

PM sent. :-)