Anytone at5555 hidden menu.

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
listner132
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Anytone at5555 hidden menu.

Post by listner132 »

Is there a hidden menu on this radio ? mines is version 3.1.

thanks.
UGLY_BOB
Legend
Legend

Re: Anytone at5555 hidden menu.

Post by UGLY_BOB »

I don't know for sure. There is supposedly a secret menu on the V3.1- but I've never tried it.There's a whole bunch of information about that sort of thing on the Charlie Tango forum. You might do well to give that lot a read.

http://s3.zetaboards.com/copythat/topic/7538099/1/#new

The link may not work unless you are a member... but it's a great forum worth joining anyway. ;)
Ugs
EXTREMELY WEIRD... AVOID AT ALL COSTS !

astradyne

Post by astradyne »

A few extra menu settings were added on the v4. However the booklet provided wasn't re-printed to suit the new functions of the radio. Very confusing at first, but I think the v4 has two extra menu options added on top of the v3.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
listner132
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by listner132 »

joined ct site..thanks for the info guys.

still dont know why these radios are not properly set from the factory.
Viper

Post by Viper »

Having read the CT thread I'm left pondering why he didn't just get his friends to adjust his radio, since they had obviously done theirs successfully :roll:
MARKASTERIX

Post by MARKASTERIX »

power on pressing func then press RB ANL DW the next three buttons in a row then you get to the alignment page for the AM/FM USB LSB offsets. so if yours is slightly off alter these remembering what they were (alter with clarifier) power off to save. worked fine for my v3.1 :D

no responsibility to damage it
listner132
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by listner132 »

MARKASTERIX wrote:power on pressing func then press RB ANL DW the next three buttons in a row then you get to the alignment page for the AM/FM USB LSB offsets. so if yours is slightly off alter these remembering what they were (alter with clarifier) power off to save. worked fine for my v3.1 :D

no responsibility to damage it
All done took me an hour or so to get spot on + or - a few hertz.

thanks for your help again guys.
listner132
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by listner132 »

I took this from the charlie tango web site.

Calibration on AT-5555

> Adjustment:
>
> Press and hold "FUNC" while powering on the radio; then press "RB" once, then press "AN/ANL" once, then press "DW" once, the radio enters adjustment mode when the LCD displays BFXXX, (where XXX is the numeric setting value) and you must make adjustments to the frequency in each mode, one by one:
>
> A. Switch to CW mode. Adjust the CLARIFIER until the frequency counter shows 10.6950 MHz.
>
> B. Switch to FM mode. Adjust the CLARIFIER until the frequency counter shows 10.6950 MHz.
>
> C. Switch to USB mode. Adjust the CLARIFIER until the frequency counter shows 10.6925 MHz.
>
> D. Switch to LSB mode. Adjust the CLARIFIER until the frequency counter shows 10.6975 MHz.

is there a test point in the radio to hook up the frequency counter to get the 10.6 ? ? readings ? if so which one ?
thanks.
UGLY_BOB
Legend
Legend

Post by UGLY_BOB »

listner132 wrote: is there a test point in the radio to hook up the frequency counter to get the 10.6 ? ? readings ? if so which one ?
thanks.
I think the 'frequency counter' referred to in those instructions is the one shown on the LCD of the radio itself, not an external one.
Ugs

listner132
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by listner132 »

UGLY_BOB wrote:
listner132 wrote: is there a test point in the radio to hook up the frequency counter to get the 10.6 ? ? readings ? if so which one ?
thanks.
I think the 'frequency counter' referred to in those instructions is the one shown on the LCD of the radio itself, not an external one.
Ugs
sorry bob but it is not...there is no way that the internal counter is capable to read these sort of frequency's....

i got it all sorted now any way..took about 1 and a half hours but i got there in the end.
MARKASTERIX

Post by MARKASTERIX »

UGLY_BOB wrote:
thanks.
Ugs
Hi Bob when in calibration mode it just comes up with numbers for reference.

Glad you fixed it. this is common on the older sets.
Otter
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM439

Post by Otter »

UGLY_BOB wrote: http://s3.zetaboards.com/copythat/topic/7538099/1/#new

The link may not work unless you are a member... but it's a great forum worth joining anyway. ;)
Ugs
I was going to join once but they insisted on foisting a CT callsign onto me when I joined, so I didn't bother. One callsign is enough for me, and TM is just fine.
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
cqradio
Regular
Regular

Post by cqradio »

Ho There my dx-5000 seems off freq (not under gtee) Whats the connection point for the freq meter please? any more guidance on setting up properly using clarifier?
thanks!
UGLY_BOB
Legend
Legend

Post by UGLY_BOB »

The following info is courtesy of Nik Gnashers - I thought I'd chuck it onto here as Nik has made a good job of explaining.

UPDATE :

I decided tonight, with the help of 5 friends, to try and get my dx5000 to display bang on frequencey instead of 27.554-80 (when it was supposed to be 27.555-00 for example) by using the secret menu.

First, get the radio on the band you want to adjust (I did usb 1st), then :
To access the menu, turn the radio off, then hold the function button in and turn the radio on. Release the function button and then press the next three buttons along (rb, nb, dw) one at a time in quick succession.
The display should show bf xxx (xxx being a 3-digit number).
If your radio is like mine, and is low ie showing 27.55480 when its bang on 27.55500, then you need to adjust the 3-digit number down. My rig showed bf 168, and to get it bang on freq on 27.55500 on the display, I had to adjust the bf168 to bf130. The clarifier moves the last digit, and the channel change moves the middle digit.
The annoying thing though was - the 3-digit number only adjusts as low as 130 !!!
If I had needed to go lower to get my rig on, I wouldn't have been able to, so it is very lucky for me, that the lowest number setting (130) was just enough to put my radio on frequency.
I flicked to lsb and the display was bf868, which I adjusted down to 845 to get the radio on frequency.
Obviously the most accurate way would be with a frequency counter, but as I don't have one, I had to trust my 5 friends radios (and several different radios each too), and by process of trail and error adjust till everyone was happy.

Forgot to add, after adjusting the bfxxx number, you have to power the radio off and back on again to actually tx/rx again, as you hear nothing when adjusting in the secret menu.

Hope this helps others to get their radios displaying bang on the five's and zero's, it sounds complicated but really it isnt, and it only took me 30 mins to get all bands on frequency, so if yours is not displaying an exact 5 or 0 when its supposed to do, why not give the secret menu a try.

Its worth adding : always make a note of the starting values, and the final values, in case you need to reset the radio sometime, as I imagine the numbers will default back to original.

Nik

As Nik says - Make sure to note the starting number, just in case you make a mess, and have to go back.
Ugs