Stalker IX F-DX Low Band

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
PsiDOC
Call Sign: 163FKU

Re: Stalker IX F-DX Low Band

Post by PsiDOC »

Koberk.
The Spectrum SC106 board is an eprom for converting the MC145106 pll versions to get the UK band.
It won't work on the ST9FDX.
Sorry mate.
The only way to get an ST9FDX on the low band is either with a new oscillator board like the one already fitted for UK but with the extra inductors added for the USB / LSB offsets or a PLL change and an eprom / PIC / AVR to sort out the PLL logic.
Obvious choice for a PLL swap would be a 145106 but it will need work in the phase detector area as the 8719 has a positive going PD and the 106 has a negative going PD
PsiDOC
*Proud owner of a Cornflake Packet Amateur License and registered instructor in the art of gaining said license*
Icom IC-756 Pro III
Yaesu FT100D.
President Washington
President Adams
Tait T2020 70mhz
Baofeng UV-5R 2m / 70cm
RD250
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by RD250 »

zephyr wrote:I just hope the one I re-drew doesn't have that many faults as it was drawn from an original copy of a copy of a copy with all it's blobs and mistakes.

I spotted the diode D13 in the wrong way but forgot to mention it to Rick.
Anyway he's now got the ones you pointed out RD, he might just correct them.

That's the problem with Rick's diagrams there in PDF and I can't open them to correct anything.
OK thanks for that :)

Note that I spotted lots of errors in the other ER circuits on CBtricks as well but the Stalker 9FDX circuit probably has the most.
zephyr
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by zephyr »

Just spoke to Rick and he says, he sent an upgrade to CBTricks in 2008 and has sent many other for other schematics but they have not been changed on the site.
The latest one for the ST9 DX should have the upgrade number 1.2
All Rick's diagrams are now on his forums download page but you have to pay to be able to do so.
koberk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by koberk »

And finally, the only way is... to fit an MC145106 PLL to the old girl.
This is what I did in the 80s using a Tonks board, to give 120 LMH aqnd 40 Ch UKFM on an oner-ride switch on the back.
If only I could get hold of a couple more of those boards I'd be a happy chappy.

The End
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.