software for QYT KT-8900D NEEDED

The place to talk about specific amateur radio equipment and all types of accessories, fixes, repairs and modification.
WARLOCK
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM134

software for QYT KT-8900D NEEDED

Post by WARLOCK »

I am in need of the software to program a QYT KT-8900D radio as i cannot get the disk that came with it to load , so help needed please,
14CS06
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: software for QYT KT-8900D NEEDED

Post by 14CS06 »

Photo Collector CB RADIO
WARLOCK
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM134

Post by WARLOCK »

Thanks Claude , i am a thick englishman understanding only english thanks anyway,
George
14CS06
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 14CS06 »

Hello

Sorry

http://blog.f8asb.com/wp-content/upload ... amming.zip

QYT Transmitter / Receiver KT - 8900 R

"The little Chinese"

Article by Philippe, F6FZU

After a first version not free of defects, the Chinese firm has released a "release" that corrects a lot of problems.

Rather in the category "toys", this small transceiver is dedicated to installation in a vehicle. It is with this in mind that I realized this test. There is no question of connecting a gain antenna but a quarter wave or a 5/8 will do.

Its reduced size (118x98x35mm) destines it to take place in a storage compartment. Unlike the first version, it is equipped with a fan and the modulation is suitable although a little serious.

It comes with a record in "Chinanglais" particularly incomprehensible. So I decided to translate the appendix showing the menu settings. (Download the document Menu Settings in French)

Programming tests with the supplied software have been successfully completed.

1) Unpacking

The KT8900R comes with a mobile cradle, a keyboard microphone, a cigarette lighter cord and a pouch containing a few screws and a fuse.

And, of course, the notice in English ...

What is surprising at first glance is the lightness of the microphone compared to those of other positions.

1) Connection

Connection to the 13v8 power supply. The antenna socket (SO239 - well seen for the UHF) is connected to a dual-band antenna. Press the POW key and there, the BF is very present. A series of notes is heard ... And the post goes into reception. The display shows a battery indicator (?), Two lines with two frequencies, an arrow pointing to the top frequency and a letter H at the bottom left. I turn the left knob and the frequency changes. I press a second on the microphone SCAN key and the post goes into research. The arrows on the microphone allow you to choose the direction of the scan. The set stops on a busy frequency: the BUSY indicator on the display lights up and you see a kind of bare-bones that indicate the strength of the signal. Here again, the BF is very present. The signal is clear and well audible. Very good for mobile traffic.

2) Tests

The tests were carried out in the bands reserved for licensed radio amateurs, namely 144 to 146 MHz for VHF and 430 to 440 MHz for UHF.

First contact via relay: the modulation is clear and distinct although a little pulling on the bass. The power is sufficient to enter without breath in the UHF relay at 40kms.

After a few minutes of QSO, the unit is barely warm and the fan is running.

Bug found: following the QSO, the station is in an indeterminate state when it comes to ironing in reception. A kind of breath is heard and the squelch has no effect. To solve the problem, it is necessary to stop / start the power supply. It's easy thanks to the cigarette lighter plug.

About the bug leaving the post in an indeterminate state when going back to reception, I found that the fact of not changing the display colors did away with this bug. So I put all the display in orange and the post works perfectly.

Let's measure the power: Connected to the Thermaline, the measured values ​​are as follows:

VHF UHF
HI 20 W 14.5 W
LOW 12 W 12.5 W

This small post is a pseudo dual band (actually tri-band but 220 MHz is not allowed here).

When the TDR parameter (menu 0) is set to ON, it will be able to scan the memories while we are on standby on a fixed frequency but in reality, the watch on a channel is not operational when we scan the channel. other channel. That's why I say pseudo-dual

1) Programming

We touch here the critical point of the KT8900 which has fortunately been improved on the KT8900R version. It is possible to program the memories by the software (Downloadable HERE) or directly on the station (by the keys of the front panel and / or by the keyboard of the microphone).

To program a relay, the logic consists of entering the reception frequency (keyboard or vernier), adjusting the power (Menu 3), entering it into memory (menu 36) and then entering the transmission frequency, return to the memory (menu 36) and revalidate.

I will detail an example below.

- Programming by the PC

NB: Consult the description of the realization of a programming cord from a cord of BAOFENG UV-5R HERE

The UV3BAND_E_CPS software allows programming memories from a Windows computer via a dedicated Prolific adapter. NB: The software for KT8900 does not work.

Although the display is full of bugs (The program only works in full screen) and some values ​​sent to the station are questionable, this program allows easy programming memories, to name them, to insert CTCSS codes, etc. ... and having a table
The anecdote lies in the possibility of programming the memories of commercial FM radio stations while the station does not scan these memories! To make the Prolific adapter work in Windows 10, you have to deactivate the program. automatic update of Windows and reinstall the driver. Otherwise, Windows is stubborn to download the Microsoft driver that does not work with this hardware.Hélas, despite this trick, there are recalcitrant PCs. This problem was also encountered in Windows 7. When connecting the programming interface, the transceiver restarts. This indicates that the connection is established. If this is not the case, you must define the COM port in the Communication menu. The port is visible in the device manager accessible from the control panel. In the case opposite, it will be necessary to choose the COM3 port If nothing happens when connecting the cable to the station, it will try on another PC. Once it is certain that the adapter will work, it is necessary to start the software. It is in the form of a table in which one finds the values ​​of the menu of the station. It will be enough to inform the values ​​in the boxes as in a spreadsheet. Some boxes propose pre-established values. Displaying stored stations in memory The general values ​​are entered in the form available from the Options menu. Here we find all the options available in the menu of the deviceIt is unnecessary to program the FM radio stations in the Fmradio menu of the software since these memories are not accessible. The only utility is to see the name of the station when it reaches its frequency. Once all the zones indicated in the software, it will be necessary to proceed to the writing in the memory of the station. Click on Program and Write to radio. The red Led must flash during the transfer (approximately 20 seconds) then the station restarts. New frequencies are available. Manual programmingAll operations must be done within 15 seconds otherwise the station will automatically return to frequency display. All values ​​can be entered on the microphone keypad: frequencies, channels, menu numbers. MENU, UP, DOWN and EXIT keys are used to move through the menus. The arrows are also used to change frequency or channel. The exercise will consist in programming the GB 3 SR relay located in Brighton. It is on the R0 (so for us, R 145.600 / E 145.000) with a CTCSS of 88.5 in emission and in reception.1) To begin, put the station in VFO by pressing V / M if it is not there not already. We are in VFO mode when there is no channel number displayed on the right side of the frequency. 2) Turn the right knob to reach the frequency 145.600 (or enter it on the microphone keyboard) and stay in the same position. VFO3 mode) Open the menu by pressing F4) Turn the left knob to reach the menu 11 R-CTCS5) Press F to go down to the bottom line 6) Turn the knob to the left to reach the value 88.57) Confirm by pressing F. The arrow goes up on the top line.8) Turn the left knob again to reach the menu 13 T-CTCS9) Press F to go down on the bottom line10) Turn the knob on the left to reach the value 88.511) Confirm by pressing F12) Select channel (eg channel 130) Turn the knob to reach the menu 36 MEMCH13) Press F to move down to the bottom line14) Turn the knob to the left to reach the value 130 ( the number of the chosen channel) 15) Confirm by pressing F. The arrow remo on the top line.16) Exit the menu by pressing the A / B / EXIT button After, you must program the transmission frequency. To do this, return to VFO mode by pressing V / M 17) Turn the knob to the right to reach the frequency 145.000 and stay in VFO18 mode) Return to the menu by pressing F19) If it did not stay on, turn the knob to reach the menu 36 MEMCH20) Press F to go down on the bottom line21) Turn the knob on the right to reach channel 130. The display flashes CH-130.22) Confirm by pressing F23) Exit the menu in pressing the A / B / EXIT keyWe have programmed GB 3 SR! (Phew) Now, simpler.Programs the R4 into the memory 131. Emission on 145.100 and reception on 145.700.1) To begin, put the station in VFO by pressing V / M2) Turn the knob on the right to reach the frequency 145.700 and stay in VFO3 mode) Open the menu by pressing F4) Press F to go down on the bottom line5) Turn the left knob to reach the value 131 (the number of the selected channel) 6) Confirm with pressing F7) Exit the menu by pressing the A / B / EXIT button8) Set the set to VFO by pressing V / M9) Turn the knob to the right to reach the frequency145.100 and stay in VFO10 mode) Open the menu by pressing F11) Press F to go down on the bottom line12) Turn the left knob to reach the value 131 (the display flashes because we have already programmed reception frequency) 13) Confirm by pressing F14) Exit the menu by pressing the A / B / EXIT key R4 is programmed. 1) Mobile testingThe installation in the car is easily seen in the size of the animal. A little room in the empty pocket of the central console is enough. For the electrical connection on the 12V, it will be necessary to provide the possibility of interrupting the power supply temporarily in case of a crash when returning to reception (bug noted). You can either use the cigarette lighter plug, or connect the + to the fuse box taking care to insert a switch. The installation requires, preferably, to have a dual-band antenna as described by ICI. in reception is remarkable and the power in emission is largely sufficient in mobile. Some models of the first generation were sensitive to the QRM produced by the car. This is not the case of this model. The left button used as vernier presents some inaccuracies. Sometimes we end up on the starting frequency after having turned a little faster. 2) ConclusionFor a OM, having a mobile dual-band 20W less than 100 € uros is a bit of a dream.But it must be relativised ... This is not a professional position. It's also not a product of the quality we are used to having with OM brands that we know for a long time (whatever ...). The impression that emerges after a month of use is primarily to have made a good deal. Although the quality leaves a little to be desired and that the tests (little pushed) had to be carried out only on simulator, I am happy with my purchase and I will advise it to those who want to equip themselves cheaply.

QYT-8900D test
Posted on 30 December 2017 by f8asb

In this article, I describe the new version of the QYT-8900 called QYT-8900D available at Banggood, you will find all the information on this transmitter / receiver that can receive 4 frequencies at the same time.

This TRX is an evolution of the KT-8900 model to see article of F5FZU.

The contents of the box

Comes complete with: QYT KT8900D, microphone, microphone clip, caliper and screws + fuses for mounting, power cable with cigarette lighter plug for car (12V), user manual (in English).

A wide screen that displays the 4 frequencies, but remains compact 3cm x 3.7cm and very readable.

At the back, there is the audio jack and the data jack for programming. The antenna connector used is of the PL type. Note that it has a fan, useful for this type of compact TRX.
Regarding the audio socket, it has 4 contacts, on which we find GND, HP, MIC, PTT.
This can be nice for a headset microphone or a digital modes interface.

Reduced size

Features QYT mini KT-8900D Quadband

Dual band: VHF and UHF / 144 / 430Mhz
TX: 136-174 MHz and 400-480 MHz
RX: 87.5-108MHz, 136-174MHz, 400-480MHz, 220-260MHz and 350-390MHz
Quadruple display
Rear fan
Headphone / external speaker
DTMF encoding and decoding
PTT ID (voice broadcast PTT ID)
Scan mode, VOX
200 memory channels
Power: 25W (HIGH) and 20W (LOW) in VHF - 20W (HIGH) and 10 watts (LOW) in UHF
TOT (Time-out timer)
FM Radio 88-108Mhz WFM Mode
No frequencies: 5K 6.25K 10K 12.5K 25K
Wide / narrow FM selection (25KHz, 12.5KHz)
Offset Repeater (Single / RPT + / RPT-)
Tone 1750Hz
Programmable by PC and Chirp software
Frequency stability: 2.5ppm.
Operating temperature: -20 to +60 degrees Celsius.
Operating voltage: 13.8V DC ± 15%.
Dimension (H x W x D): 98 mm (W) x 43 mm (H) x 126 mm (L).
Weight (without accessories): 448g.

Programming

Manual programming via the TRX interface is possible, but use by the software is easier.

Download programming software

What I liked about the TRX

The price very accessible for this type of device, ideal for mobile use
The super reduced size, simpler integration especially in new vehicles where it is increasingly difficult to integrate radio equipment.
The complete manual in English, on the previous version the record was in Chinese.
The rear audio jack with GND, HP, MIC, PTT
The thermo regulated fan.
For those who love the complete customization of the colors of the interface.
The multi-reception on the 4 bands, on the menu 0, setting the TMR: A + B + C + D (it is a standby of several frequencies, the first who receives takes the hand)
Possibility of setting an alarm on DTMF reception
Ability to put names on the memories (by software only)
The cigarette lighter plug provided (3A in TX)
The 200 memories
The APO function (automatic stop if no action is done)
Access to the FM Radio Band
Mute the FM radio reception and switch to one of the radio frequencies in standby mode.

What I liked least about the TRX

The keys on the microphone, a little hard.
The impossibility to adjust the time of 1750hz (which I find short)
No CALL button (1750Hz) on the microphone
Low power is not 5W
Memory name programming only from the software
The battery indicator that does not move if you change the supply voltage.

Conclusion

Radio with a very good price / quality ratio (75,73 €) what is impressive is the number of function that it integrates. There are 57 functions in the setup menu. After doing a modulation test, the comments are pretty good. The customization of all colors is nice for the one who likes it.

@+
Claude
Photo Collector CB RADIO
Auldgeek
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: GM0BRJ

Post by Auldgeek »

WARLOCK wrote: 21 Aug 2018, 09:32 I am in need of the software to program a QYT KT-8900D radio as i cannot get the disk that came with it to load , so help needed please,
Download Chirp. Better than the factory software and it supports your radio.

Just google Chirp :thumbup:
Auldgeek - Drew

Winner of IBTL Autumn 23 Edition
I've changed radios so many times, I've forgotten what I have :think:
Ur5by9

Post by Ur5by9 »

as above