akd 2001 fitting ctcss board help

The place to talk about specific amateur radio equipment and all types of accessories, fixes, repairs and modification.
mastercare
Call Sign: g4sbx

akd 2001 fitting ctcss board help

Post by mastercare »

Hi guys
ive just fitted a jabdog ctcss kit to my old but good akd 2001 hoping to use it on our local repeater...but i dont seem to be getting the ctcss tone out of the board...the circuit uses a FX315 tone encoder chip and a 1 meg resonator...i can scope the resonator fine and get a nice sine wave...but im not getting anything from the chip itself?
ive connected the tone output to the jn of the 2 resistors in the n/w of the rig as shown on the akd20001 ctcss mod page...all i get on the tone o/p is a dc level which i assume is comming from the rig its self...could i have a faulty chip? also would it be better to connect the tone o/p to diviation pot?
any suggestions please...
cheers
paul
mastercare
Call Sign: g4sbx

Re: akd 2001 fitting ctcss board help

Post by mastercare »

well its all sorted now, the kit was faulty, bought a kit from tetra comms all worked first time...
now im trying to help a fellow ham do the same to his old ft290r so far thats not working...its all fun..
cheers
paul
Dazzy
Registered New User
Registered New User

Re: akd 2001

Post by Dazzy »

Hi new on here just picked up an AKD 2001 and can't find instructions for it anywhere does anybody know where I can get a copy it's my first radio so not that knowledgeable yet any help would be much appreciated thanks guys
Mikel
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: akd 2001 fitting ctcss board help

Post by Mikel »

There is a manual and information regarding the 12.5 khz mod on mods.dk. You will have to sign up if not a member.

http://www.mods.dk/manual.php?brand=_other
................................................................................................2W0NBF.........................................................