Best 70cm handheld antenna

The place to talk about specific amateur radio equipment and all types of accessories, fixes, repairs and modification.
pete_uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Best 70cm handheld antenna

Post by pete_uk »

I'm looking for the best handheld antenna (SMA ideally) to go with a DMR radio I'm getting next year. I believe its going to have a SMA female on the chassis, but I'm not sure.

A good half-wave would be ideal, I'll need the full banana's out of it. :crazy:

Suggestions please :)
owza
Call Sign: M0

Re: Best 70cm handheld antenna

Post by owza »

pete_uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by pete_uk »

got Diamond SRJ77CA and open a DMR repeater 20 miles away...
MW6ZAN
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by MW6ZAN »

I have tried a number of handheld antennas on my yeasu ft60e and have not found one that will work any better than the rubber duck that came with the radio maybe its just my location or im expecting them to work as good as an external roof mounted vhf uhf antenna, got to be honest some of the antennas out there are really expensive crap stick with the original rubber duck on the handset longer range stuff an x30 duel band up on the roof job sorted. :thumbup:
zippy
Call Sign: 26TM537

Post by zippy »

the long one that came as stock on my md380 works very well indeed so cant argue with the statement from the ham above, I tried an Nagoya NA-771 but think it was just a cheap Chinese knock-off as it was poor on both analogue and digital.
Alinco DR135DX, Baofeng UV-5R, TYT MD380 (UHF), Realistic Pro-2035, JRC NRD-545 DSP, whitestick and ½ wave silver pole on the chimney and various lengths of wire draped around the garden.