x-50 antenna wireing

The place to talk about specific amateur radio equipment and all types of accessories, fixes, repairs and modification.
kingchristo
Regular
Regular

Re: x-50 antenna wireing

Post by kingchristo »

Is there any antennas that you would recommend stormshadow
Lumiya

Post by Lumiya »

Yes what would you recommend.. :lol:
CB since '85
AR since '91
Ex-RAF

If you get just a YES or NO answer it will mean either you should already know the answer or you have proved yourself incapable of understanding the answer. Also if you think I need to explain what I type then perhaps you should realise your own limitations
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kr0ne »

Well mine is cracking for listening to PMR, civil air band and 2m/70cm amateur stuff. It's not very good for listening to military air band or satellites though...

Make of that what you will. :)
FakeJake
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 2E0SEY

Post by FakeJake »

Mine works fine for 2m and 70cm. Mine is sharmans branded. The diamond branded ones are the original and best though. I'd steer clear of the really cheap non branded versions.
Jake 2E0SEY
Saltney, near Chester (Cheshire-Flintshire border)
Monitoring 2m simplex (when I can)
Dysgwr Cymraeg
Lumiya

Post by Lumiya »

I use a Sharmans x300 for tx for a few years but have a couple of x50's bought from nocando on eBay for general use /A or /P

The unbranded x50 from him are well made, tuned well and perfectly fine for rx or tx.Ideal to go on top of the SCAM attached to the truck for a field day.

For scanning use if it's within the band the fine but a discone will always be better wide band.
CB since '85
AR since '91
Ex-RAF

If you get just a YES or NO answer it will mean either you should already know the answer or you have proved yourself incapable of understanding the answer. Also if you think I need to explain what I type then perhaps you should realise your own limitations