Proposed changes to Foundation syllabus

A place to discuss the amateur radio licence, training and examination.
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Re: Proposed changes to Foundation syllabus

Post by MrWeetabix »

Checkpointcharlie wrote: 24 May 2018, 17:10
Farty wrote: 01 May 2018, 21:50 Agreed. It's nodders with that attitude that are doing the most to kill the hobby. I've given up trying to persuade new recruits not to walk when faced with the Werthers brigade. Theyre going to really enjoy themselves in another decaee or so when the only people left to talk to are other Werthers suckers.
No werthers here maybe spangles.................no ones killing the hobby only nodders like you!
The insults stop here....... Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if they can't articulate that opinion in a respectful manner then offenders will be shown the door.

I have little time for call sign snobs. Its a hobby at the end of the day, to be enjoyed. As with any hobby, people get involved to a level they are comfortable with and that's their personal choice, nobody has the right nor standing to belittle others because of how they wish to pursue their hobby.
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
Farty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Farty »

Beautfully put Weety.
In Before The Lock Champion of Total Magnificenceness May 2016
Transwarp
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: Viper

Post by Transwarp »

MrWeetabix wrote: 24 May 2018, 23:49 The insults stop here....... Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if they can't articulate that opinion in a respectful manner then offenders will be shown the door.

I have little time for call sign snobs. Its a hobby at the end of the day, to be enjoyed. As with any hobby, people get involved to a level they are comfortable with and that's their personal choice, nobody has the right nor standing to belittle others because of how they wish to pursue their hobby.
Hear-Hear! :clap:
Champion of IBTL Christmas Edition 2023.
Champion of IBTL Autumn 2022 Edition.
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

How many under 16's sit the foundation because a family member is a radio "geek"/heard about it at a youth organisation ? I only found out about amateur radio in my 40s,the day I went to buy a 3900 from a local who had a 480 sat, as I had enough fun between 78 + 83 on Cb,and only returned to it again in 06,but can remember my mate saying "you would have loved the seascouts as there were loads of radios" when he found out I was "back on",and not as many young folk need to attend these types of institutions as some parents don't see the need for the cubs,scouts,bbs/guide's etc as they are not into a god,I never went back after the first night as you had to sing hymns = I didnt think it was cool at 10 ;).The reason most young folk dont want to get involved in amateur radio is because "it is BORING listening to OLD people talking rubbish compared to being online with people my own age I can relate to " according to my youngest son who thinks radio is for saddoes :o

I went to college and passed my advanced plumbing apprenticeship with just a bit more effort put in to pass,than 26 easyish questions,that you only need to get 19 right ffs,can imagine it being ok to get a pass after getting 7 questions on gas wrong eh {bnghd} but to some on here I am just going to be a thick CBer,but on CB I am an equal dxer and people are happy enough its a contact. There is no point in me asking the same folk I slag off for an amateur callsign,as I am not a hypocrite that wants to be regulated by people who can't admit that I have a very good chance of talking,to the same places on 27MHz without the need for a test.

Colin the head meets wrath of Hitler/youtube.
Plenty are talking worldwide on 27.555 usb,
Some are too far up their own @rse to admit it,
Many happen to know otherwise dx-ing test free,
Showing a complete lack of respect for the law.

27.555 Usb