dodgy callsign

A place to discuss the amateur radio licence, training and examination.
Oggy
Veteran
Veteran

Re: dodgy callsign

Post by Oggy »

Come on Peter don't be shy, what's your reply to my question Fella?.....I was actually been serious.
NUBSTER
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM545

Post by NUBSTER »

Oggy wrote:Come on Peter don't be shy, what's your reply to my question Fella?.....I was actually been serious.
Doubt if he will come back and answer you Oggy, most probably he will give the excuse of he don't answer cbers or his computer has broken, or too busy listening to illegal transmissions.

MW6ZAN
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by MW6ZAN »

Oggy i said you will be needing those aspirins didnt i yes i agree foundation holders should not be permitted to purchase kit other than gear with a max 10 watts output also cb users should not be permitted to purchase ham gear for use on the cb bands im putting my tin hat on and ducking under the table before i get more flack for that comment.
dt307
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 163dt307

Post by dt307 »

Here we go
My thoughts
It should be fine to buy what ever equipment the user likes
Users are trusted to keep to the allowed limits
This is no different than driving a car we are told the speed limits and trusted to follow them
If you don't follow the rules and get caught then you know what's coming to you .
Hams tho will openly slag of a m3 running more power than they use,but not give a hoot about some one driving at 40mph in a 30
Prob because everyone has a driving licence
And not everyone has a special lifetime achievement ham licence
Strage as its not actually hard to get one lol
Popcorn at the ready.
163dt307-chris

“I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.”
― Albert Einstein
NUBSTER
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by NUBSTER »

dt307 wrote:Here we go
My thoughts
It should be fine to buy what ever equipment the user likes
Users are trusted to keep to the allowed limits
This is no different than driving a car we are told the speed limits and trusted to follow them
If you don't follow the rules and get caught then you know what's coming to you .
Hams tho will openly slag of a m3 running more power than they use,but not give a hoot about some one driving at 40mph in a 30
Prob because everyone has a driving licence
And not everyone has a special lifetime achievement ham licence
Strage as its not actually hard to get one lol
Popcorn at the ready.
As someone said earlier in this thread somebody driving a car in a wrong way or stupid way could cause a death or a accident with a result to a injury, people who do things like that deserve all the punishment they get , but the bull5hit that MW6ZAN is coming out with is totally ridiculous saying things like 6 months imprisonment for using a radio unlicensed on a frequency for licensed hams what harm is there doing that, its not going to injure or kill anyone is it unlike say a unlicensed car driver who cant drive properly its a very big difference, but saying that I know of people who have no driving licence who are in fact excellent drivers better than some licensed ones out there just as I know of unlicensed radio ops who very good radio ops in fact more polite and a credit to radio more than some who have a licence.
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

ZAN is entitled to his opinion, no matter how obscure.

The idea of restricting equipment to only those licensed to use it went when the internet came along. It was slightly different in the E&M days.

I can buy a 100w WFM transmitter unit tunable from 88-108Mhz from the Chinese sellers, there is no way I am, or could be licensed to use this equipment, it has only one real purpose and that is to pirate, but they're allowed to sell it and I'm allowed to buy it.

The real issue is the money spent on Ofcom, the department will always lose money as there is no way they can generate enough income from fines to cover even 10% of their revenue, therefore the Government keep a lid on their budget, when it was the DTI they could spend £6,000 on prosecuting someone and getting £300 fines and £200 costs back, not these days.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
dt307
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by dt307 »

6 months lol
I would get life then as I worked 4 states and Canada off the 555 on the way to work
Into a dummy load of course
163dt307-chris

“I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.”
― Albert Einstein
NUBSTER
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by NUBSTER »

dt307 wrote:6 months lol
I would get life then as I worked 4 states and Canada off the 555 on the way to work
I've been doing the same since 1976 , so I wonder what I would get as a sentence lol
Oggy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Oggy »

MW6ZAN wrote:Oggy i said you will be needing those aspirins didnt i yes i agree foundation holders should not be permitted to purchase kit other than gear with a max 10 watts output also cb users should not be permitted to purchase ham gear for use on the cb bands im putting my tin hat on and ducking under the table before i get more flack for that comment.
So you would sell that Icom you have on your QRZ.com page then and buy a peanut whistle radio then?
That's OK then, maybe your thoughts on a restricted time to sit on the foundation ticket is the next on the agenda then.......I need no aspirins, just Weet's ban stick if it gets out of hand ;)
Oggy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Oggy »

NUBSTER wrote:
I've been doing the same since 1976 , so I wonder what I would get as a sentence lol
Hell your worse than Ronnie Biggs :lol:
dt307
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by dt307 »

Oggy wrote:
NUBSTER wrote:
Nope I did some redemption up on 28.305 worked a contest station from usa and gave him a 5/9 :D
163dt307-chris

― Albert Einstein
wardster
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: M6

Post by wardster »

MW6ZAN wrote:Oggy i said you will be needing those aspirins didnt i yes i agree foundation holders should not be permitted to purchase kit other than gear with a max 10 watts output also cb users should not be permitted to purchase ham gear for use on the cb bands im putting my tin hat on and ducking under the table before i get more flack for that comment.
Good god, you are worse than some PD patients I have dealt with in the past!
I can't keep up with the level of your retreating back from comments you have made!

Shame you haven't replied to any of my fair questions, nor anyone elses questions.
One phrase describes you...... "my way or the highway".
Back on HF due to change of location and more filters on the baby monitor!
Oggy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Oggy »

dt307 wrote:
Oggy wrote:
NUBSTER wrote: I've been doing the same since 1976 , so I wonder what I would get as a sentence lol
Nope I did some redemption up on 28.305 worked a contest station from usa and gave him a 5/9 :D
Your fine then :lol:
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 163TM186

Post by NightProwler »

Well im an 11M pirate and bloody proud of it too :D I dont live very far from MR.ZAN so if Ofcom come knocking my door I know who to pay a visit too :x
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
MW6ZAN
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by MW6ZAN »

Hi all just thought i would let you know i have actually sold off half of my gear rest goes next week also going to return my cornflacks packet licence to ofcum had enough cannot be botherd any more by idiots on the bands going to purchase a nice gibson sg electric guitar and put more effort into my rc boat building so have a nice day ya all enjoy your radio while it lasts toodaloo. :thumbup: :thumbup: