dodgy callsign

A place to discuss the amateur radio licence, training and examination.
Oggy
Veteran
Veteran

Re: dodgy callsign

Post by Oggy »

mof000 wrote:
MrWeetabix wrote:I don't need an app to email this to OFCOM...... you know, if I were that angry with the world.
Zan_Zan_11m-Man.png
Did he say cbr's have an IQ0? :lol: :lol:
Fookin quality :lol: :lol: Made my day that has :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe taken a few lessons off 224 about overdriving linears by the look of it :lol:
mof000
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mof000 »

Oggy wrote:
mof000 wrote:
MrWeetabix wrote:I don't need an app to email this to OFCOM...... you know, if I were that angry with the world.
Zan_Zan_11m-Man.png
Did he say cbr's have an IQ0? :lol: :lol:
Fookin quality :lol: :lol: Made my day that has :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe taken a few lessons off 224 about overdriving linears by the look of it :lol:
The 224 is a Legend!!!
But for all the wrong reasons!
I'll pay whatever i think it's worth...:-)
wardster
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: M6

Post by wardster »

MW6ZAN wrote:Well ofcom are looking into this so i would think that my input has pushed them into some form of action and i dont listen into baby monitors as i stated in my post im getting interference when im using 6 meters from two of the bloody things. Also being disabled and housebound and not able to walk i find it difficult to as has been said GET A LIFE so i do what i can to pass the hours.
Excellent! I am sat comfortably with my BIG BAG of POPCORN.

Now then MW6ZAN.
Or, may I call you Pete. Or Peter. Anyway, whatever.

Seriously, seriously, please, for the love of all that is holy, stop with your madness.

You have admitted, on previous occasions, that you HAVE listened into baby monitors. Deliberately.
Furthermore, you have admitted to listening into other radio transmissions not intended for your reception.

Now, all I am going to do is post a quote directly from the OFCOM website.
It is, word for word, and it describes, simply how you, MW6ZAN, has indeed broken criminal law by informing others (other forum members) about your "reception" of baby monitors. I can't be quite bothered to repost what you said exactly, but you said something along the lines of "its interesting listening to what goes on in other peoples homes".

So. read this VERY VERY carefully........... please take note of the underlined sections, which you have admitted, on here, to have committed.

Unauthorised reception

There are two criminal offences, under section 48 of the Wireless Telegraphy Act 2006, relating to unauthorised reception.

Offence 1
It is an offence if a person "otherwise than under the authority of a designated person:

…. uses wireless telegraphy apparatus with intent to obtain information as to the contents, sender or addressee of any message whether sent by means of wireless telegraphy or not, of which neither the person using the apparatus nor a person on whose behalf he is acting is an intended recipient."

This means that it is illegal to listen to anything other than general reception transmissions unless you are either a licensed user of the frequencies in question or have been specifically authorised to do so by a designated person.

A designated person means:

the Secretary of State;
the Commissioners of Customs and Excise; or
any other person designated for the purpose by regulations made by the Secretary of State.
Offence 2
It is also an offence for someone
, otherwise than under the authority of a designated person, to disclose any information as to the contents, sender or addressee of any message referred to in Offence 1. However, this does not apply where the disclosure is in the course of legal proceedings or for the purpose of any report of those proceedings. And, it does not apply where the information would have come to the person’s knowledge without the use of wireless telegraphy apparatus by him or by anyone else.

This means that it is also illegal to tell a third party what has been heard in a transmission a person has listened to illegally.

The proof is there, in your previous posts. Unless of course, mine and countless other peoples (I can only imagine how many) interpretations of what you have posted is completely incorrect.

Now, if you are receiving interference from such devices, then, as being a licenced amateur radio operator, then you should know the procedure for either inquiring about interference, or how to prevent such interference by the use of filters etc.

Also, I'm very sorry about your personal circumstance, but being disabled and housebound is no way a reasonable excuse to rip into other peoples attitudes or hobbies.

But you are, in your own admissions, committing criminal offences.
So, Pete.
Or Peter.

Can you please clear the air and make us all absolutely sure that you are not a complete and utter raging lunatic?

Many thank yous.

:thumbup:
Back on HF due to change of location and more filters on the baby monitor!
wardster
Regular
Regular

Post by wardster »

MW6ZAN wrote:Listening is not pirating we can get that clear now, because to pirate you have to tx on the frequency without a licence. In fact i run an android speech app and i have identified three constant pirate stations these are cb stations as the first speech samples were taken off ch 19 uk block. They tend to run on two meters im not going to say any more as ofcom are involved but two of the buggers are in wales ond one is over in the bristol location. And i shall keep doing it untill all the pirates are wiped off the bands.73
It really is a shame there isn't a icon over there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
that depicts a big, sweaty, hairy bag of .... erm, balls?

:lol:
wardster
Regular
Regular

Post by wardster »

MrWeetabix wrote:Well good luck with that. I do hope none of the local 'IQ-Zeros' find out what you've been up to and come round for a chat about it, saying as you've just very publicly stated what you've been up to, under the username of your (apparently) real call sign, which is personally identifiable.
Alas.. I indeed only mentioned this a few posts previously.
Doesn't take a genius to have a gander on QRZ.COM .....
And.... I'm pretty sure that the RAIBC would not look favorably upon one of its members burping up such madness and attacking other fellow radio users!

I wonder if Mr MW6ZAN can explain???
mof000
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mof000 »

I half expected Mr Zan to have chipped in by now!
MAYBE Not then.....
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

Too busy on the Aussie Pajero forum telling them that their UHF twigs should be mounted 6 inches higher because of 'line of sight'.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
mof000
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mof000 »

He's probably "grassing" Aussie IQ0 cbr's up for using UHF frequencies?
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kr0ne »

wardster wrote: Doesn't take a genius to have a gander on QRZ.COM ....
No. And once there, it takes less than 5 seconds to copy and paste his address into street view and see exactly which car is his...

If I was shopping anyone to the authorities about anything, I'd be keeping it to myself. Big time.
NUBSTER
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM545

Post by NUBSTER »

Perhaps he's been kidnapped by a bunch of so called moronic pirate CBers :D
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

You would not believe the amount of times that I've been called a pirate over the years because I'm not on QRZ.com and similar, but while there are LPWS sympathisers still alive I'll keep my head below the parapet thanks.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
MW6ZAN
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by MW6ZAN »

Ok you idiots this has gone bloody far enough why is it that some one puts a genuine grief on this forum and the idiot brigade come out in force and twist things totally around firstly im not having a go at bona fide cb users only the ones who pirate the ham bands when i was using cb back in the dark old days one thing we didnt do was pirate legit ham callsigns and use bands unlicenced other than the streight 40 cb freq unlike the majority these days radio is being destroyed by unfortunatly the very users and the majority seem to be posters on tm1 i have raised this problem about pirate opps with a load of amateurs and they as myself agree that something has got to be done to resolve the problem but no dought nothing will and the low life pirates win yet again. O and admiral ref the 4x4 australia im a member of that site and have other hobbies other than bloody radio they at least reply with sane responces to posts.im now going i cannot spend my day replying to idiots good day. O i will just add i unlike most do not hide behind a username.
Last edited by MW6ZAN on 04 Mar 2016, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
NUBSTER
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM545

Post by NUBSTER »

The first thing I'm not a idiot and nor are the others that have responded to your total drivel cr@p rages, the only idiot on here so far is you acting the pra77 , second I class myself as a pirate because I only use (and I will repeat myself in case you cant understand ) I only use illegal CB frequencies , I do not go on ham bands using a moody call signlike you keep blaming CBers as said I just go on illegal CB bands IE: 27:555 and any other ones only , not HAM BANDS has that sunk in to your brain or do you need it explained any simpler. And also as you have said you cant be bothered to reply to us so called idiots and will be going any chance of not coming back PLEASE :wave:
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

I don't think CBers pirating HAM calls on the HAM bands is the biggest problem facing HAM radio today.... but what do I know? I'm just an idiot, apparently.
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by LeakyFeeder »

MW6ZAN wrote:Ok you idiots this has gone bloody far enough why is it that some one puts a genuine grief on this forum and the idiot brigade come out in force and twist things totally around firstly im not having a go at bona fide cb users only the ones who pirate the ham bands when i was using cb back in the dark old days one thing we didnt do was pirate legit ham callsigns and use bands unlicenced other than the streight 40 cb freq unlike the majority these days radio is being destroyed by unfortunatly the very users and the majority seem to be posters on tm1 i have raised this problem about pirate opps with a load of amateurs and they as myself agree that something has got to be done to resolve the problem but no dought nothing will and the low life pirates win yet again. O and admiral ref the 4x4 australia im a member of that site and have other hobbies other than bloody radio they at least reply with sane responces to posts.im now going i cannot spend my day replying to idiots good day.
Coming on here and calling everyone idiots isnt good... You really need to wind your neck in and stop throwing the insults about.....
The internut has made the world a very small place and it dont take much for someone YOU have upset to take it upon themselves to cause YOU some real world problems....

"Throw enough mud and some will stick"