Intermedite training in Yorkshire

A place to discuss the amateur radio licence, training and examination.
steepeljack69
Call Sign: 26SF333

Intermedite training in Yorkshire

Post by steepeljack69 »

Am still looking for a club where i can complete my intermedite training,with a view to taking the exam.I have contacted nearly all clubs in the yorks area by email,for only 1 to get back to me!If anyone can help,pls if u can get in touch.Iam in Leeds but traveling isnt a problem,so even clubs just outside of Yorkshire will be looked at,thanks.
Transwarp
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: Viper

Re: Intermedite training in Yorkshire

Post by Transwarp »

You don't have to do a course to get your intermediate ticket you know, if you're competent & confident you can just sit the exam. If you don't get any pointers to clubs offering training then send an email to the RSGB and ask them if they know of any clubs doing courses. Sorry that I can't help any further.
Champion of IBTL Christmas Edition 2023.
Champion of IBTL Autumn 2022 Edition.
Mattylad
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: RDX64

Post by Mattylad »

RADARS in Rochdale do it.

I'm sure there is a club closer though.
thedeerhunter270
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by thedeerhunter270 »

Transwarp wrote:You don't have to do a course to get your intermediate ticket you know,
But there is a practical element. So basically, you'll need to find a club doing intermediate courses.
Operating in South Northumberland and Weardale.
Dragonfly
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM363

Post by Dragonfly »

Dragonfly
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM363

Post by Dragonfly »

Transwarp
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: Viper

Post by Transwarp »

thedeerhunter270 wrote:
Transwarp wrote:You don't have to do a course to get your intermediate ticket you know,
But there is a practical element. So basically, you'll need to find a club doing intermediate courses.
of course there's a practical element, the factual point I'm making is a person doesn't need to do a training course with a club to sit an exam at a club, they can just sit the exam. Better to do training though.
Champion of IBTL Christmas Edition 2023.
Champion of IBTL Autumn 2022 Edition.
Diesel man
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 121

Post by Diesel man »

Used to be Thursday evening about 7pm at North Wakefield radio club by Graham Belt. Now he may have moved on long ago but why don't you pop along and ask? Forget e mails a face to face response should tell you if they can be bothered or not.
steepeljack69

Post by steepeljack69 »

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to all,and thanks for the info.Right North Wakefield don't sit the exam anymore,Otley are a waste of time have tried there.Barnsley,after the previous club got closed down for alledged cheating so I won't be going there!Since I first put the post up I have moved further out of Leeds and nr Weatherby.At the moment I am having to travel to Keighley club over at Haworth which is a good hours drive,but at least they are interested .I will see how it goes and keep all informed,hopefully it won't be too long before I pass and then move on to the MO.thanks.
daz3210

Post by daz3210 »

Sorry if I am late to the party, but Halifax do training and would be willing to discuss your needs.

AFAIK a new Internediate course will be starting soon having had several Foundation passes in recent weeks
steepeljack69

Post by steepeljack69 »

Yes,many thanks I am doing the corse at Halifax.Great club and I like the way they are going through the syllabus to find wat iam OK with and concentrate on the weaker bits.I highly recommend Halifax club,yes its a 32mile round trip,but its worth been stuck on the M62 on a Tuesday night.