New 0fcom rulez

A place to discuss the amateur radio licence, training and examination.
Macman
Call Sign: 163TM

Re: New 0fcom rulez

Post by Macman »

Road_Hog wrote:
Macman wrote:
M6UCW wrote:Don't think you need to print them all out as the licence is only the first pages, the rest are the terms and conditions and you only need to have your licence.

I got the email yesterday - didn't read much as I have no clue what the changes were - would have been better to highlight changes.

But as I now have a 2E0 I don't use my M6 - is it worth keeping I wonder? It's only connected to a DMR MARC radio ID but even that I have requested to be updated.

Strange, I haven't had any communication from them but perhaps they haven't gotten round to us Welshman yet. I've read the Offcom document though, there are some handy little tweaks if you can filter read the thing, not reading 24 pages of wibble though :D
When did you get your licence?

It must be a good 6-8 months now and am shortly to take the next one.
Yesterday It Worked, Today It Won't That's Radio.
Road_Hog
Banned
Banned

Post by Road_Hog »

I asked, because I thought that any licences issued recently, probably had the new info with them from day one. My details reappeared this morning, must have been a Sunday night glitch.

I phoned OFCOM/Spectrum up this morning and got the distinct impression that if you haven't got the email by now, you ain't getting it. I asked if they are still sending them out or if I had been missed off the list. There was no, yes we're still sending them, give it a month and then come back. It was, postcode, name, confirm first line of your address, we'll send one out to you, allow two weeks.

So, I'd give them a ring if you want your update. When they start to give you the alternative number message at the beginning, take it and call that one, as it is the right department.
Macman

Post by Macman »

Road_Hog wrote:Well, I never received an email, but I wasn't too bothered about it, as it's their responsibilty to inform me of any changes.

Just went to see my licence and conditions, to see if I could spot that it had been changed online, only to find my licence is blank - none of my details on it at all.

Me thinks a call to OFCOM is on order tomorrow.

Yikes, I'd better check mine, they are notorious for messing things up.
Macman

Post by Macman »

Well mine is up to date on offcoms site.
Road_Hog
Banned
Banned

Post by Road_Hog »

Got my letter to day with addendum paperwork. Save me having to print it out. Just tucked in with my licence and the bumf (24 pages) you have to print out.

Wonder how many people haven't received a thing?
Macman

Post by Macman »

Road_Hog wrote:Got my letter to day with addendum paperwork. Save me having to print it out. Just tucked in with my licence and the bumf (24 pages) you have to print out.

I've re received nothing, but my licence is up to date on the site. If I do get the document, I'll simply stash it away on my iMac. Not up for printing out 24 pages of bumpf.
Road_Hog
Banned
Banned

Post by Road_Hog »

Macman wrote:
Road_Hog wrote:Got my letter to day with addendum paperwork. Save me having to print it out. Just tucked in with my licence and the bumf (24 pages) you have to print out.

I've re received nothing, but my licence is up to date on the site. If I do get the document, I'll simply stash it away on my iMac. Not up for printing out 24 pages of bumpf.
Tsh, tsh. I do believe it asks your to print it out and keep a copy with your licence as part of your conditions.

Terms and Conditions

"You must print a copy of the relevant Terms and Conditions and keep them as part of your licence at all times. The Terms and Conditions form part of your licence document."
Macman

Post by Macman »

Road_Hog wrote:
Macman wrote:

Tsh, tsh. I do believe it asks your to print it out and keep a copy with your licence as part of your conditions.

Terms and Conditions

"You must print a copy of the relevant Terms and Conditions and keep them as part of your licence at all times. The Terms and Conditions form part of your licence document."
I know, there goes another tree, but I will print it I guess IF they get around to sending it to me. They are notorious for being slow in getting to us here in Wales.

My GF framed my licence for some reason but I don't have it on display. Just keep my call in my head :D
mr_h4ck3rm4n
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: MM6SGZ

Post by mr_h4ck3rm4n »

Before i start moaning.... yes im from north of the border , yes i know copper wire was invented by two fellow scot's fighting over a penny but....all this paper costs a fortune ... {bnghd}

The postage cost marked on the notification sent to me is 52p ., According to Ofcom there are 83336 active licences (...yes i know some duplicates) but all of these have been sent this letter..... at 52p each..... costing someone £43334.72p...

....in this bubble wrapped world of carbon footprinting would an email not be sufficient... ??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HF
Yaesu FTdx1200, Kenwood TS590,
Sailor T2130 & T2031MF/HF Systems
Ameritron 811, Yeasu FL2100
VHF/UHF
Icom IC-208H, Icom IC-2820
Jotron TR7550 VHF Air
Antenna
Comet GP9, Hustler 5-BTV, 3 ELE Yagi 10m/11m
Data Interface
Kantronics Pactor TNC , MJF 1275X

QRZ.COM
spynappels
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 2I0SEH

Post by spynappels »

I got mine by email.....
Road_Hog
Banned
Banned

Post by Road_Hog »

Macman wrote:
They are notorious for being slow in getting to us here in Wales.
That's 'cause you charge to get in, but you get out for free.

PS I was born in Cardiff Infirmary
Macman

Post by Macman »

Road_Hog wrote:
Macman wrote:
They are notorious for being slow in getting to us here in Wales.
That's 'cause you charge to get in, but you get out for free.

PS I was born in Cardiff Infirmary

Yep, we are fussy about who we let in. My GF has a disabled ticket though so it's free for us.

Someone has to pay for that bridge, and you do get all our water :D :D
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

don't forget Mud...... apparently lol
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
Macman

Post by Macman »

Just got my official letter in the post today. Perhaps they could cut down on paperwork by emailing these types of things out, but I guess not every radio ham has a computer.
andymuza
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by andymuza »

mr_h4ck3rm4n wrote:Before i start moaning.... yes im from north of the border , yes i know copper wire was invented by two fellow scot's fighting over a penny but....all this paper costs a fortune ... {bnghd}

The postage cost marked on the notification sent to me is 52p ., According to Ofcom there are 83336 active licences (...yes i know some duplicates) but all of these have been sent this letter..... at 52p each..... costing someone £43334.72p...

....in this bubble wrapped world of carbon footprinting would an email not be sufficient... ??
I got an email so it cost them nothing to send it to me. I know many Hams have also only had an email so it may only be a minority who got a letter.
I will not be commanded, I will not be controlled.
n+1 the formula for working out how many radios you need with n being the current amount.