foundation licence morse speed

A place to discuss the amateur radio licence, training and examination.
FERNOX
Regular
Regular

foundation licence morse speed

Post by FERNOX »

Hi all i am trying to find out how fast morse is sent for the foundation licence is there an official speed, i am a M0 but have no idea about foundation licence , thanks
Road_Hog
Banned
Banned

Re: foundation licence morse speed

Post by Road_Hog »

There is no set speed. You can have a crib sheet and go as slow as you want. It is virtually nothing and you mainly have to show that you have an 'understanding' of Morse, what ever that means to the particular instructor.
Adriano9966
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Adriano9966 »

FERNOX wrote:Hi all i am trying to find out how fast morse is sent for the foundation licence is there an official speed, i am a M0 but have no idea about foundation licence , thanks
There is no morse test based on sending speed . This has been replaced by a 'morse appreciation test' as part of the foundation exam . you only have to write the message down onto a crib sheet and then 'translate it' .
Afterwards you send a chosen message at any speed which is checked by the examiner
Macman
Call Sign: 163TM

Post by Macman »

When I took mine, I had a sheet with the letters and numbers clearly marked. My examiner went so slowly I was easily able to get the code Remember that it's not really a morse test it is designated the Morse Appreciation evaluation in the foundation syllabus. It's only designed to show you understand what morse is and how it works.

You'll be fine
Yesterday It Worked, Today It Won't That's Radio.