Looking at becoming a licensed Radio Ham

A place to discuss the amateur radio licence, training and examination.
FakeJake
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 2E0SEY

Re: Looking at becoming a licensed Radio Ham

Post by FakeJake »

Avoid nocando on eBay. Get it from someone else
Jake 2E0SEY
Saltney, near Chester (Cheshire-Flintshire border)
Monitoring 2m simplex (when I can)
Dysgwr Cymraeg
Road_Hog
Banned
Banned

Post by Road_Hog »

ChrisDX wrote:that's the one and free N-type to SO239 plug..
might get one a couple of pound cheaper but might not come with the adapter plug :)
Yes, and you might want to put Nocando1 and transmission1 into Google and see what comments you find about him. Here's a hint, there is not many good ones.

Use Radiozing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/X-50N-X-50-N- ... 1373840336?

Next day courier instead of economy delivery, they're very good and just as cheap. Yep, you'll have to obtain your N type connector, but that will be a lot less hassle than dealing with matey with the attitude.

Get your N type connector ordered here.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261621219653?

A whole £1.40 inc delivery and it arrives a lot quicker than they quote (about a week). Order it now and it'll be sitting there for when the aerial is ordered. I've used both companies.
Mattylad
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: RDX64

Post by Mattylad »

Brunlea, before you even consider purchasing from ebay, read this thread.
Brunlea wrote:
FakeJake wrote:What chrisdx said, the x50 is quite good, some gain and not too big. Obviously if you want more gain, you can go bigger, the x300 is another popular choice but quite a bit taller than the x50.
This a good price? If so i'll add it to my favourites and purchase at some point.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/X-50-N-X-50-X ... 1299269317

Looks quite nice and tidy.
Brunlea
Regular
Regular

Post by Brunlea »

Mattylad wrote:Brunlea, before you even consider purchasing from ebay, read this thread.
Brunlea wrote:
FakeJake wrote:What chrisdx said, the x50 is quite good, some gain and not too big. Obviously if you want more gain, you can go bigger, the x300 is another popular choice but quite a bit taller than the x50.
This a good price? If so i'll add it to my favourites and purchase at some point.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/X-50-N-X-50-X ... 1299269317

Looks quite nice and tidy.
Heh cheers Mattylad. I think I will avoid that shop then.

I'm familiar with the Consumer Contract Regulations and the Sale of Goods Act and have used it a few times for games i've bought that were not fit for purpose (Local law overrides their crappy T&C). I'd do the same if I bought something via ebay from a business, and from reading that thread a few other people should have done the same :)
Brunlea | Lancashire, England
Aviation Geek, Radio Geek, General Geek!
Roger Wilco
andymuza
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by andymuza »

Brunlea wrote:I'm familiar with the Consumer Contract Regulations and the Sale of Goods Act and have used it a few times for games i've bought that were not fit for purpose (Local law overrides their crappy T&C). I'd do the same if I bought something via ebay from a business, and from reading that thread a few other people should have done the same :)
It's surprising how many businesses think T&C's override the law and how many buyers think they are powerless.
I will not be commanded, I will not be controlled.
n+1 the formula for working out how many radios you need with n being the current amount.
Brunlea
Regular
Regular

Post by Brunlea »

andymuza wrote:It's surprising how many businesses think T&C's override the law and how many buyers think they are powerless.
That's how a lot of companies get away with it as people think they are powerless and just forget about it. Not me; If I pay with my hard earned money and the product doesn't match it's description or work as it should then I'll be requesting a replacement, a refund or some kind of reimbursement.

Taking a company to court only costs about £30. If you win you get that back and costs involved. Send it to the company directors home address if need be by getting their public listed details from CompanyCheck.co.uk :)
Roger Wilco
Road_Hog
Banned
Banned

Post by Road_Hog »

Mattylad wrote:Brunlea, before you even consider purchasing from THAT ebay SELLER, read this thread.
Post corrected.
Brunlea
Regular
Regular

Post by Brunlea »

Road_Hog wrote:
ChrisDX wrote:that's the one and free N-type to SO239 plug..
might get one a couple of pound cheaper but might not come with the adapter plug :)
Yes, and you might want to put Nocando1 and transmission1 into Google and see what comments you find about him. Here's a hint, there is not many good ones.

Use Radiozing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/X-50N-X-50-N- ... 1373840336?

Next day courier instead of economy delivery, they're very good and just as cheap. Yep, you'll have to obtain your N type connector, but that will be a lot less hassle than dealing with matey with the attitude.

Get your N type connector ordered here.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261621219653?

A whole £1.40 inc delivery and it arrives a lot quicker than they quote (about a week). Order it now and it'll be sitting there for when the aerial is ordered. I've used both companies.
Cheers. Added them to my favourites and browsing their shop now :)
Roger Wilco