Intermediate Pass!

A place to discuss the amateur radio licence, training and examination.
FakeJake
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 2E0SEY

Intermediate Pass!

Post by FakeJake »

:D

I actually learnt a thing or two this time around. Had a great time on the course.

I recommend that anyone with an interest in radio at least go for the intermediate, its good fun!
Jake 2E0SEY
Saltney, near Chester (Cheshire-Flintshire border)
Monitoring 2m simplex (when I can)
Dysgwr Cymraeg
jonajuna
Banned
Banned
Call Sign: jon

Re: Intermediate Pass!

Post by jonajuna »

good for you, on my way to foundation, think i could manage the intermediate, but think ill have to stop there as brain struggles with those formulas on the full
:(
Adriano9966
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Adriano9966 »

:D well done Jake In my opinion though you need to keep going whilst its still fresh in your mind as if you take time out its very difficult to get back into it just my view
Stewart
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Stewart »

Adriano9966 wrote::D well done Jake In my opinion though you need to keep going whilst its still fresh in your mind as if you take time out its very difficult to get back into it just my view
Well done :)

I agree with the above. Its ok learning new stuff but if you don't use it you forget it.
EMarkM
Call Sign: M0RZY

Post by EMarkM »

Many, many congratulations, Jake. Could you let me know when the next Foundation weekends are taking place at Northwich? Cheers :)
26TM513 “Munch Man”
M0RZY

PMR: Cobra Microtalk MT700
CB: Intek H-520 Plus, Thunderpole T-800
2m/70cm: Kenwood TM-V71E, Yaesu FT-7900R, Intek KT-930EE
HF/6m: Icom IC-7200, Yaesu FT-817ND
Scanning: Uniden UBC3500XLT
FakeJake
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by FakeJake »

Thanks guys. Not got the resources or time to dedicate to the advanced for quite some time. I should be able to pick it up again.
EMarkM wrote:Many, many congratulations, Jake. Could you let me know when the next Foundation weekends are taking place at Northwich? Cheers :)
Cheers Mark! I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything.

Hows the CB?
Jake 2E0SEY
Dysgwr Cymraeg
EMarkM
Call Sign: M0RZY

Post by EMarkM »

FakeJake wrote:
Cheers Mark! I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything.

Hows the CB?
Thanks!

CB is cool. Got a mag mount, a 5ft antenna and a 2-ish ft one too. Have already heard Wheel Bender and Phil from Congleton chatting away, but not broken into any conversations myself just yet. Currently have a request raised for a 26TM callsign; hope that gets sorted soon, but really want to take my Ham exam now!
26TM513 “Munch Man”
M0RZY

PMR: Cobra Microtalk MT700
CB: Intek H-520 Plus, Thunderpole T-800
2m/70cm: Kenwood TM-V71E, Yaesu FT-7900R, Intek KT-930EE
HF/6m: Icom IC-7200, Yaesu FT-817ND
Scanning: Uniden UBC3500XLT
Jon_D
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: G4FUT

Post by Jon_D »

Good on you Jake....start thinking about the full licence...and who knows you may start to enjoy CW as well.... :D
Even if the voices on my head aren't real, they do have some pretty good ideas

Jon G4FUT
Ex-Army
RSARS 1425
cottonfoo

Post by cottonfoo »

Congratulations. I'm still looking at where to do my Foundation :)
Steve. IC-R8500, IC-706MKIIG, TM-V71E, BCT15X, VX-8DE, IC-R20. Diamond X200N & X30, Wellbrook ALA1530S+, G5RV.
northern35s
Veteran
Veteran

Post by northern35s »

Well done on your 2E0, I have a couple of friends locally who are now 2E0 and whilst they thought it was going to be tough, all did just fine and learnt a few things along the way.

If someone really don't think passing the advanced is within their grap, I'd certainly recommend anyone gives the intermediate at least a try, we know there's a fair amount of leg pulling goes on reference foundation licences, but once you take the next step people genuinely change their tone, I've seen it, I've heard it, you'll still be encouraged to go for the full licence, but people can see you're prepared to make the effort to get on and use the licensing system in the way it was designed.

*Please note, I'm not judging anyone that doesn't go beyond the foundation, I'm merely encouraging those that do
Mobile DXing from the car and on foot
FakeJake
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by FakeJake »

northern35s wrote:If someone really don't think passing the advanced is within their grap, I'd certainly recommend anyone gives the intermediate at least a try, we know there's a fair amount of leg pulling goes on reference foundation licences, but once you take the next step people genuinely change their tone, I've seen it, I've heard it, you'll still be encouraged to go for the full licence, but people can see you're prepared to make the effort to get on and use the licensing system in the way it was designed.

*Please note, I'm not judging anyone that doesn't go beyond the foundation, I'm merely encouraging those that do
Have to agree with all that is written here. It's not all that hard to pass the intermediate and shows that you at least want to learn and advance.

But at the same time, i almost didnt go for it due to the timing and the money. Glad it worked out though. :mrgreen:
Jake 2E0SEY
Dysgwr Cymraeg