Getting re-licensed

A place to discuss the amateur radio licence, training and examination.
g4etv
New User
New User

Getting re-licensed

Post by g4etv »

Hi, My old Class A license expired about 15 years ago. Anyone know what license I will need to apply for. Does my old Class A count toward Intermediate or Full, or will I need to do the Foundation exam first.
Cheers!! Ed
cunningp

Re: Getting re-licensed

Post by cunningp »

As long as you can prove that you once held the licence you send that proof along with a form and £20 to Ofcom. You won't need to sit any further exams and you will get a full licence whether you were class A or B originally. That's how i understand it!

http://licensing.ofcom.org.uk/radiocomm ... faq/759478
g4etv
New User
New User

Post by g4etv »

Many thanks for that - much appreciated!

cunningp wrote:As long as you can prove that you once held the licence you send that proof along with a form and £20 to Ofcom. You won't need to sit any further exams and you will get a full licence whether you were class A or B originally. That's how i understand it!

http://licensing.ofcom.org.uk/radiocomm ... faq/759478
Repeater User.

Post by Repeater User. »

g4etv wrote:Hi, My old Class A license expired about 15 years ago. Anyone know what license I will need to apply for. Does my old Class A count toward Intermediate or Full, or will I need to do the Foundation exam first.
Cheers!! Ed
Contact Ofcom and they will re-issue your old call. You will of course need proof that you were the holder in the guise of an old license or call book entry and obviously ID. The current cost is £20. If you do get stuck do PM me as i do have acsess to many old call / yearbooks and i can get a page photocopied. :)
g4etv
New User
New User

Post by g4etv »

More than helpful - Thank you !!!
Repeater User. wrote:
g4etv wrote:Hi, My old Class A license expired about 15 years ago. Anyone know what license I will need to apply for. Does my old Class A count toward Intermediate or Full, or will I need to do the Foundation exam first.
Cheers!! Ed
Contact Ofcom and they will re-issue your old call. You will of course need proof that you were the holder in the guise of an old license or call book entry and obviously ID. The current cost is £20. If you do get stuck do PM me as i do have acsess to many old call / yearbooks and i can get a page photocopied. :)
StoatTB

Post by StoatTB »

Hopefully we'll hear you back on the air shortly with your old call. ;)