Formulas in the advanced exam

A place to discuss the amateur radio licence, training and examination.
eswnl

Formulas in the advanced exam

Post by eswnl »

Hi,

For the advanced exam, is it true that all the mathematical formulas will be provided on a separate sheet during the exam? Are there any formulas that I have to memorize?
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Formulas in the advanced exam

Post by kr0ne »

Yep :o

Nope :D

:ugeek:
techiesteve
Regular
Regular

Post by techiesteve »

As the formulae aren't identified, you will need to be able to recognise the right one to match the question, and be reasonably proficient with a scientific calculator.
Steve M0SVB
ash
Regular
Regular

Post by ash »

techiesteve wrote:As the formulae aren't identified, you will need to be able to recognise the right one to match the question, and be reasonably proficient with a scientific calculator.
To help with that what I did was print out the formula sheet used in the exam (it's in the syllabus here: http://hamrad.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/ ... llabus.pdf) and then I wrote next to each one what the formula was for - even the easy ones. When I was doing my revision I would make sure that I tried to identify which formula was which, even if I didn't need to - this meant that when it came to the exam I knew the formula sheet like the back of my hand. I still found applying it a bit tough but I damn-well knew which formula to apply!