If you took your advance exam last Friday...

A place to discuss the amateur radio licence, training and examination.
szymon
New User
New User

If you took your advance exam last Friday...

Post by szymon »

Then go and check the results with ofcom! Seems they did the marking in less than a week this time!

-szymon (M0GZP)
StoatTB

Re: If you took your advance exam last Friday...

Post by StoatTB »

Perhaps something to do with the new optical marking system the RSGB trialed when I did the exam back in June? :? Does seem a bit fast though. :roll:
szymon
New User
New User

Post by szymon »

buggerlugs wrote:Perhaps something to do with the new optical marking system the RSGB trialed when I did the exam back in June? :? Does seem a bit fast though. :roll:
We were told that we were going to be the last of the "old" system and that optical marking will be brought in on the next one. In any case, I don't care why, it's just nice I didn't have to wait as long as Damian and co last time (over 3 weeks!)
Adriano9966
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Adriano9966 »

:) This is good news no more anxious waiting .I need to take my advanced exam and catch up with everyone else. Dont really care if I fail it or even if I need three attempts to pass it, it's the waiting I can't stand the thought of.
StoatTB

Post by StoatTB »

In any case, I don't care why, it's just nice I didn't have to wait as long as Damian and co last time (over 3 weeks!)
Yeah, that was the biggest pain in the hole. :roll:
SecretSignalsUK

Post by SecretSignalsUK »

During my foundation exam, when they marked it, the question about who deals with licencing was wrong on their sheet and still said the post-office!

Lucky they corrected it! :shock:
Yeti
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Yeti »

szymon wrote:
buggerlugs wrote:Perhaps something to do with the new optical marking system the RSGB trialed when I did the exam back in June? :? Does seem a bit fast though. :roll:
We were told that we were going to be the last of the "old" system and that optical marking will be brought in on the next one. In any case, I don't care why, it's just nice I didn't have to wait as long as Damian and co last time (over 3 weeks!)
did you try to apply for a G6 callsign? :P
Will the next movie in the series be The Fast and The Funeral?
szymon
New User
New User

Post by szymon »

Yeti wrote:did you try to apply for a G6 callsign? :P
Hah. I thought about it but in the end I didn't - decided it's almost definitely an admin error and that I wouldn't want to have to change it again afterwards...

-simon
AndyWestcott
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: M0WAN

Post by AndyWestcott »

It would be good to eliminate that wait, but I discovered that Ofcom get notified of a pass quite some time before the individual is, a good week at least.

On the advice of another, I simply visited the Ofcom site, put in my candidate number and discovered I was able to select a call. It wasn't until a good week later that I received the pass notification.

So there it is - until optical markng becomes the norm take a note of your candidate number and keep trying for the new licence, you will probably get your call far earlier than expected.