online licencing

A place to discuss the amateur radio licence, training and examination.
BK
Top Poster
Top Poster

online licencing

Post by BK »

There's a reminder on the southgatearc website to renew your online licence. Good idea I thought, but it turns out I've forgotten my username again!!! To save me phoning them up, can anyone tell me how they construct usernames, e.g. for Fred Bloggs would it be fbloggs1 for example (I've tried this format and it didn't work btw, but I'm sure its something like that).
alannah
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: online licencing

Post by alannah »

My partners username for OFCOM licensing is all in upper case and has the first letter of his first name then his full surname followed by 2 numbers.
BK
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by BK »

Hmmm, that's what I've been trying. I clicked on "forgotten my password" and entered my details but it doesn't have a clue who I am - guess I'll have to phone them after all :(
simon26OD004
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by simon26OD004 »

BK wrote:Hmmm, that's what I've been trying. I clicked on "forgotten my password" and entered my details but it doesn't have a clue who I am - guess I'll have to phone them after all :(
I did the same last week, I can't remember when I last renewed my license so I thought I'd check, couldn't remember my username and the "forgotten password" link is useless. It recognizes my email address as having a registered account, but won't take my answer to the secret question for some reason. The offcom website is utter **** at best. :(
Oscar Delta 26 Division Coordinator
http://www.oscardelta.org/ ---------------------------------- http://uk.oscardelta.org/
FREE LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP
mattltm
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by mattltm »

The ofcom "forgot password" system is broken and has been for a few months now.

Handy that :shock:
"Spooky action at a distance."
Repeater User.

Post by Repeater User. »

BK wrote:There's a reminder on the southgatearc website to renew your online licence. Good idea I thought, but it turns out I've forgotten my username again!!! To save me phoning them up, can anyone tell me how they construct usernames, e.g. for Fred Bloggs would it be fbloggs1 for example (I've tried this format and it didn't work btw, but I'm sure its something like that).
If your name is Peter Smith your username would normally be PSMITH (uppercase), however if there was five P. Smiths licensed you will need the corresponding number behind your username ie: PSMITH2 ... PSMITH4 etc...

If all else fails call the phone number on the failed login attempt page, and you will be asked your personal details. They will then give you your username. If you have forgotten your password you will be issued with "0Password0" to reset your password online, although you will have to wait several hours for Ofcom to set this up on your account before activating. Hope this of use to you.
M3VBS
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by M3VBS »

mattltm wrote:The ofcom "forgot password" system is broken and has been for a few months now.

so it wasnt me going crazy

i gave up and just rang them - after a few half hearted attermpts at fobbing me off they gave me a new password.
I got the feeling if i pestered them hard enough they would have bumped my 2*0 pass to a full!
M0HJO
Regular
Regular

Post by M0HJO »

M3VBS wrote:
mattltm wrote:The ofcom "forgot password" system is broken and has been for a few months now.

so it wasnt me going crazy

i gave up and just rang them - after a few half hearted attermpts at fobbing me off they gave me a new password.
I got the feeling if i pestered them hard enough they would have bumped my 2*0 pass to a full!
You Wish! :lol:
John-M0HJO.

IC-7700, IC-7400, (IC-7000 mobile)
TOKYO HY-POWER HL-700B HF AMP.
LOTS OF WIRE IN THE AIR!
thedeerhunter270
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by thedeerhunter270 »

I'd forgotten my Ofcom login - I've just used the password recovery on thier website and it worked fine for me.
Operating in South Northumberland and Weardale.
mattltm
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by mattltm »

From my last call to ofcom, if you enter an incorrect password more than 3 times then your account becomes blocked and none of the login/reminder functions work.

You have to call them to have it reset.
"Spooky action at a distance."
RadioNerdz
Call Sign: 2E0

Post by RadioNerdz »

I had the same problem yesterday, so rather than messing about I gave them a call.

This may not be the same, but my username was the email address I had used with the account.

Would be worth a try, if you can remember the email you used.

RN
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kr0ne »

This is an old thread but I hear the same problem all the time... The XYL makes a point of forgetting every single password that she ever creates!

http://keepass.info/

It's 2012, people.
ChickenMadras
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by ChickenMadras »

Write your username on your hard copy of your licence like wot I do.
Problem solved ;)
The devil finds work for idle circuits