Hi

A place for new members to say hello and to introduce yourself.

If you're not sure where to post, try here!
wizzzard
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26TM857

Hi

Post by wizzzard »

Hi, I'm turning back the years and getting back on the air again.
I started out in radio with a nasty 2 channel hand held AM CB then a Sharp "small window"just before CB became legal here in 1981. I progressed through a new legal FM rig a Mustang 2000 with a DV27 mounted on a (sorry Mum) cake tin on my teenage bedroom floor, again sorry Mum.
I was using a grotty Marko 747 for my first forays on SSB and I could always hear lots more than I could reach. A second hand 25 watt linear through a K40 was as good as I could then afford and I got copies from Germany and France before my soon to be better half convinced me that WE needed to spend money elsewhere.
Fast forward a few years and kids, ok lots of years, and I found myself on eBay bidding for and winning a Yaesu FT-857D. I also bagged an ATAS 120a antenna to go with it. I was on the roof of the car with drill in hand when, still my better half, shouted the command "Put the drill down and step away from the vehicle!"
So to come right up to date I am am sat at the dining table with frequency lists and my 857 with an ATAS120a mounted on a cake tin with counterpoises strategically placed to trip everybody. After a few falls I should have permission to mount that bloody antenna properly.
I didn't mean to write War and Peace as my 1st post but it is done now. Hope to catch some of you on the air soon.
Regards
Al
S9 R5 next...
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Re: Hi

Post by MrWeetabix »

Welcome to the forum and welcome back the Radio Al, great to have you with us and I am sure that others will welcome another returnee, given that there aren't that many of us about these days!

Best 73 de Craig
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
wizzzard
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26TM857

Post by wizzzard »

Oh they are out there, just a little mic shy.
Al
S9 R5 next...
Twocky61
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: JayWalker

Post by Twocky61 »

Hi Wizzzaard :)
porky.69
Legend
Legend

Post by porky.69 »

Hi and welcome :thumbup:
This is my Territory.....Be on your way 8)
porky.69
Legend
Legend

Post by porky.69 »

:D
This is my Territory.....Be on your way 8)