control software for an AOR ar3000A

A place for new members to say hello and to introduce yourself.

If you're not sure where to post, try here!
Boris1960
Registered New User
Registered New User

control software for an AOR ar3000A

Post by Boris1960 »

Hello I am a new user of this site

Just purchased a vintage AOR ar3000a, I had one years ago and ran it with a program called 'Scancat', that program will not run on the Windows 7 or 10 computers that I now run.
QUESTION Does anybody know a program that will do the job?

I look forward to any suggestions
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 163TM186

Re: control software for an AOR ar3000A

Post by NightProwler »

I use version 1.6 from this website...

http://techniekendier.nl/rcc.php

I run it on an old Windows XP machine and it works great, Not sure about Windows 7 or 10 though I have not tried it but it might work.
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Boris1960
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by Boris1960 »

Hello Night Prowler,
First of all my apologies for taking so long to reply to you - you were the only one who did answer my plea for help and I am most grateful for that.
What have I been up to? Well I have resurrected two old pc's from my shed and in the bits and pieces found a total of seven hard drives, one pc I set up with Windows XP and the other with Windows 7 Vista. The program that you recommended will run on both, however the AOR 3000A would not 'hand shake' using a brand new lead purchased specifically for the task. I am embarrassed to say that I then got sidetracked taking the scanner to bits to ascertain which baud rate it was set at and at the same time using the reset button (several times), still no 'hand shake'. Still off at a tangent I was able to load Scantcat pro 5 and AORSC from my old floppy disk collection that I resurrected from the loft both programs running on the XP machine but they too were not handshaking. Then this morning 'Bingo' and 'Alleluliah' back to my shed (more like a tip) rummaged around for two hours and found a collection of leads and adaptors - first attempt (it looks very Heath Robinson) but it works. Sorry to go on at length, but I hope this might save somebody else in the future a lot of frustrating time. MANY THANKS ONCE MORE FOR BEING THE ONLY PERSON TO REPLY - YOU ARE A HERO.

Just to be clear I am running the program on Windows XP and Windows 7 Vista as I note you were not sure of the later Windows version.

very best regards
Boris1960
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran

Post by NightProwler »

No problem Borris. I bought the USB cable for mine from a company on ebay, I can not remember who they are now as it was a while ago but I do remember it was a bit of a pig to set up but once it's up and running it's really good. I prefer to use it on the computer because as you know the AOR has a tiny display and my eye sight is not the best these days. The AOR 3000A is an excellent receiver/scanner. It receives HF much better than my Yaesu FRG 7700 which is a dedicated HF receiver. Anyway Im glad you got it sorted.

All the best...Rich :thumbup:
Bragi Mk2

Post by Bragi Mk2 »

hi NightProwler
I tried the link you left for AOR PC software but all I could see what colours do you have any other link
for software
regards

Bragi
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran

Post by NightProwler »

Yeah I just tried it, Looks like that site has gone down then. I do have the software saved on my computer though.