LOWE HF-225

A place for new members to say hello and to introduce yourself.

If you're not sure where to post, try here!
Spenny
Registered New User
Registered New User

LOWE HF-225

Postby Spenny » 20 Dec 2016, 22:21

I am New to this Forum, and would like any Members help with regards my: LOWE HF-225, bought recently from EBay. I love this "Untouched" Receiver, but have found the Memory battery is Dead and requires replacement.  Also I want to replace the Display LED`s for 5mm. White/Blue, to give a more pleasing look!. Although I cannot fault this excellent Receiver, the Frequency is out by approx. 20Hz. (Can I simply tune a Pre-set Capacitor, without Test equipment to an accurate Frequency!)

I would like to replace the Memory battery with: 2x AA, Alkaline Cells. Please advise me on the Lithium one`s Voltage and an equivalent suitable Wired one!

Have any of you Replaced the LED`s (What are your recommendations)

I have a lot of Electronics expertise, but unfortunately only a Basic understanding of Digital Receivers!

Please Help!

Kind regards & Best wishes,

satelitesid

Re: LOWE HF-225

Postby satelitesid » 31 Dec 2016, 10:06

Battery is a 3volt lithium cell. Should last 5 years or so. I wouldn't bother with alkalines, just put the proper thing in.
You will have a few problems replacing the LEDS, as it is an LCD. It may be that the front display is coloured perspex type stuff, so a bit of a different colour may work.
Retuning a reciever by ear is never easy, but may be possible. Try WWV on 10.000 or 15.000 for zero beat.
20Hz is not noticable, do you mean 20 khz?

Return to “Newly Registered Members Lounge”