Good Morning

A place for new members to say hello and to introduce yourself.

If you're not sure where to post, try here!
waza
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: MM6GID

Good Morning

Post by waza »

Hi there.

I stumbled accross this forum via a link on Ebay and im glad i did. Im from the Uk and got my foundation licence last year. i have not been on air much as i just cant get to grips with my radio, i own a Baofeng Uv5 and all was well until i tried to manualy programme the thing now i hear nowt or cant transmit, anyways im thinking about splashing out on an icom handheld bank balance dependant haha. anyway thanks for letting me join and hope to get on air soon. I do have 2 C.B's but where i am nobody uses them anymore. :|
DaveP
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 2E0DDF

Re: Good Morning

Post by DaveP »

Hi Waza, nice to see you here. Why a hand held, they are useful I will admit but there is nothing like sitting in the warm with a good multi band multi mode rig. OK so you can only do 10 watts but with a good aerial you will be surprised what you can do.

73's Dave
Yeasu FT-897 wide banded, MD100 mic, Yeasu FT-857, Yeasu FT-8800r, Diamond X300 2/70, A pair of phased shunt type loops for 2/70. 6 meter shunt type loop, Windom 20m to 10m long wire, Antron 99s for 10 and 12 meters. As you can see Im a Yeasu Man and loopy to boot. :D
WeatherWatcher
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by WeatherWatcher »

Hi Waza, don't give up with the UV5R yet read this and get a programming cable - I used CHIRP to program one
http://www.miklor.com/uv5r/
porky.69
Legend
Legend

Post by porky.69 »

welcome to tm1 matey :thumbup:
This is my Territory.....Be on your way 8)