CB in notts

A place for new members to say hello and to introduce yourself.

If you're not sure where to post, try here!
ricks- radio chat
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: midland

CB in notts

Post by ricks- radio chat »

I was a avid user of original AM 1980 then rolled over in 1984 to FM then Cept, 1991 I came off air, is CB still popular in Nott's and what's legal cause I am tempted to start again, but see no point if no one on air now.

Thanks for your response from rich (super dog/Midland/Romeo Lima 1 :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek:
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Re: cb in notts

Post by Admiral »

Hi Rick, welcome to TM1, you can try shouting for BigPimp, he has a few aliases on the rig, but generally puts out about a kilowatt around the M1 near Notts so you should hear him when he's on. He can be a bit abrupt on the forum, but he's a good radio operator, and contrary to popular belief he's a nice guy.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

I'll second that. I have heard many reports that he's actually a top guy when you meet/talk to him.
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
porky.69
Legend
Legend

Post by porky.69 »

welcome to tm1 8)
This is my Territory.....Be on your way 8)
ricks- radio chat
Regular
Regular

Thanks and its been a few months since I replied sorry, well I need to know where to get radios etc. and will it be worth doing so, I was on air 1980 to 1991 from AM to FM to Cept, and fancy coming back on, cheers guys and I await your help
ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26TM953

Re: CB in notts

Post by ghost123uk »

Hi there, Knights Telecom are still in business (link here) and have a good range of everything you might need, with their usual top class service. Or you could take a risk and buy used from Ebay. Then of course there is an active "for sale section on here ;)

Will you likely buy a new modern set or are you more drawn to the "old skool" ones?

After a long time when hardly anyone one was on, there seems to have been a gradual upturn in the popularity of CB, with more users coming on all the time.
John, on the S. Cheshire / N. Shropshire border. 26TM953 / muppet handle "Grey ghost"
Don't just monitor, key up and talk, otherwise everyone thinks no one else is out there !!!
ricks- radio chat
Regular
Regular

Thanx Ghost 123 I have been getting feedback from guys here in Notts and there is a surge in users, I don't really mind old or new just as long as I can access all legal frequencies
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

Well we haven't had any new frequencies since 1987 so if you were active up until 1991 then the only change since then is that we've lost 20 channels.
You say legal, does that mean you want a legal radio or just access to the two licence exempt bands?
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition