Hello from Newquay Cornwall!

A place for new members to say hello and to introduce yourself.

If you're not sure where to post, try here!
Solan Goose 2016
Registered New User
Registered New User

Hello from Newquay Cornwall!

Post by Solan Goose 2016 »

Hi all. I am a total newbie and have just purchased my first scanner, a Uniden Bearcat UBC125XLT. I am interested in civil and military aircraft transmissions. I live 1.5 miles from Newquay airport. I used the standard rubber duck for the first 2 days, but now have a mag mount car aerial and wow, what a difference! For the last week I have mainly drove close to the airport on high ground with good visibility all round. I am thinking of driving a little further out to higher ground to see what I can get. Even where I am at now, with the mag mount I can clearly pick up Bristol and even Shannon. I don't seem to get anything from Culdrose military though as yet. I have found some good frequency listings online and have related frequencies grouped into bands. I am so impressed with the clarity of what this little scanner can do. I also fly RC electric gliders (full size Radians) with my 10 year old son.
Bigdave
Legend
Legend

Re: Hello from Newquay Cornwall!

Post by Bigdave »

Welcome to TRANSMISSION 1 m8....................
26 TM 1248
WINNER of INB4TL, the big battle edition 16/07/23
OFTEN IMITATED,BUT NEVER INTIMIDATED.
WINNER of INB4TL,the no interest edition 18/03/24
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Re: Hello from Newquay Cornwall!

Post by MrWeetabix »

I am sure we have quite a few scanner enthusiasts whom can help you get going. I'd be interested in seeing some pictures of your RC activities too, sounds cool! :-D
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |