Hi

A place for new members to say hello and to introduce yourself.

If you're not sure where to post, try here!
GRUBSCREW
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: G7WFB

Hi

Post by GRUBSCREW »

Got into radio in the fiftys SWL tried CB in the seventys best times ,now in Spain on the top of a mountain kills antennas just found this site and I like it.
John (Grubscrew)
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Re: Hi

Post by MrWeetabix »

Welcome to TM1. What antennas have you been through? Which did you find the most durable and what are you using now?

Glad you found us here on TM1, make yourself comfortable and we look forward to working you over the summer :-D
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

Hi John, welcome to TM1.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
GRUBSCREW
Regular
Regular

Post by GRUBSCREW »

I have tried quite a few beams they work okay but the high winds destroy them even well guyed verticals break ,admittedly some are better made than others but the winds here can exceed 150 k with higher gusts.
Wire is cheaper to repair and if set up properly give very good results,let's face it we all have some kind of restriction at our QTH other than high winds I have very low noise no electrical interference and no other problems.
At the moment we are receiving a lot of signals from South America in the evenings Australia in the morning with New Zealand
The UK isn't up much yet .
I haven't named the antenna makers as my conditions aren't normal and I feel it would be unfair to do so if they were being judged purely on performance that would be different.
At the moment I'm using ENDFED mono band antennas don't use more than 200 watts and I'm having good results,as I don't have poor working conditions I can give radios a good try out some of the new radios are not up to expectations at all mind you some of the old ones are much the same good ones do perform much better .
John
porky.69
Legend
Legend

Post by porky.69 »

welcome john :thumbup: enjoy the forum
This is my Territory.....Be on your way 8)
GRUBSCREW
Regular
Regular

Post by GRUBSCREW »

Been reading up on an antenna made by Eantenna it's a Delta loop EADELTA 11. 6 covers 27 megs and HF it's priced at 192.50 euros will give a review when I've got one up and used it for a bit.
The good thing is it isn't to big for most people to be able to get one up.
Don't know anything about the makers but they seem to make antennas that are aimed at CB users that are different and well made.
John