Thanks for adding me

A place for new members to say hello and to introduce yourself.

If you're not sure where to post, try here!
freddielaker2
Registered New User
Registered New User

Thanks for adding me

Post by freddielaker2 »

Hi everyone,
as you can see by the name I'm into aviation a bit, I was in the RAF in signals but since leaving ages ago I have always found a way to get some kind of radio into where I work and where bosses would usually expect me to listen to Radio2 I'd be either on a multiband scanner or shortwave with a long wire hidden somewhere, or as in the case of my current job - around the building I work in high up on the inside listening to HF. They haven't said anything so far - probably because they are all younger than me and havent a clue what it is. Recently I got myself a DVB-T RTL-SDR stick and its a case of {bnghd} until you learn about the different settings on SDR# I'm getting there sadly having the first Rx as Radio Wave! as my QTH is Blackpool. I dont want a QSL card from them - I'd rather have a stick of rock but anyway I'd like to share with anyone information I get or hear from them out there who are dabbling with this thing and can shed light on what its good for.., 73's
zippy
Call Sign: 26TM537

Re: Thanks for adding me

Post by zippy »

Hello and welcome, I prefer HDSDR with my RTL and DSD+, I find the settings easier to adjust, more visual than numbers. Give it a whirl, nothing to lose.
Alinco DR135DX, Baofeng UV-5R, TYT MD380 (UHF), Realistic Pro-2035, JRC NRD-545 DSP, whitestick and ½ wave silver pole on the chimney and various lengths of wire draped around the garden.
porky.69
Legend
Legend

Post by porky.69 »

welcome to the forum :D
This is my Territory.....Be on your way 8)
TheCaptain
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26TM669

Post by TheCaptain »

Welcome Freddie
"Wine for my men, we ride at dawn"
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

Welcome to TM1. The home for us oddballs whom are misunderstood by our workmates and friends because they don't understand our love of Radio! haha :-)
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
Clipper

Post by Clipper »

"Breaker-breaker, Freddie Laker!"*

Welcome Freddie, I'm in the Radio Wave area too.. :think:

* copyright 'Tiswas', 1980. :thumbup: