Hi from Poland

A place for new members to say hello and to introduce yourself.

If you're not sure where to post, try here!
snaps
Regular
Regular

Hi from Poland

Post by snaps »

So I'm an ex pat living in Poland. Was mad into CB in the eighties in the UK. CB is huge in Poland, so I am back into it. Currently back in the UK for a few weeks (Staying in South Cambridgeshire), hoping to take all my old retro rigs and twigs back to Poland with me, but alias have discovered my parents committed the ultimate sin and threw them away.
I have a CRT one rig, small for the car and covers all the multi norms, I'm running a 90cm stinger twig on a mag mount which I hope to put onto my roof bars sooner or later.

Surprised that the airwaves are so quiet here.

What is the main bands being used in the Uk now? Old FM 1-40 or the new EU mid band?

Ive currently got my radio on ch19 UK FM, but not much at all, more response from Polish truckers on their 19 AM band.

I've a road trip planned for the end of September from the south UK to Newcastle, hope to have some copies with people on the journey.

Also great there is a forum for this hobbie, I've already picked up some tips here regarding my swr on the stinger (Its low on 40 but higher on 1), so have been told to open out the springs slightly.

Cheers guys.
king snaps
Bigdave
Legend
Legend

Re: Hi from Poland

Post by Bigdave »

Welcome to TRANSMISSION 1 m8..........................
26 TM 1248
WINNER of INB4TL, the big battle edition 16/07/23
OFTEN IMITATED,BUT NEVER INTIMIDATED.
WINNER of INB4TL,the no interest edition 18/03/24
Windy_Miller
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Windy_Miller »

Most activity seems to be on here, or on Ebay! :lol:

In these parts, its exclusively UK40FM channels that are used. But it is very, very quiet compared to years ago. Very few folk on the road, even the trunk roads down through the country, use it nowadays. Eclipsed by mobiles, Facebook and sat navs! Spoke to someone local who took a road trip down through the country and took a rig and twig with him. Not a cheep all the way. Going off on one myself in the near future, so might try similar, but not holding out any hope!

P.S. Welcome to the show!
Buick Mackane

Post by Buick Mackane »

Hi from Scotland :)
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?
snaps
Regular
Regular

Post by snaps »

Just been up the local high point. Not much at all coming in on the UK FM band. Lots of Spanish stations coming in on the EU CEPT FM band. Mainly around ch 20-25.
Adriano9966
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Adriano9966 »

:) welcome to the forum
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

CB in the UK is very flat and activity is concentrated around small pockets of activity, which ranges from the genuine enthusiast, to the local IQ-zero muppets with one tooth between them. If you can speak Polish, I assume you'll have a better time of things in Poland matie. :-)
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

CB in the UK is very flat and activity is concentrated around small pockets of activity, which ranges from the genuine enthusiast, to the local IQ-zero muppets with one tooth between them. If you can speak Polish, I assume you'll have a better time of things in Poland matie. :-)
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |