Hello

A place for new members to say hello and to introduce yourself.

If you're not sure where to post, try here!
Mercury
New User
New User

Hello

Post by Mercury »

Not a very original title sorry..I can never think of a good one. :D

Anyway, I've inherited some ancient scanners & was wondering what I'd be able to pick up with them, if anything.

Yaesu FRG 9600
Realistic Pro 26
Yupiteru MVT7000

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60508190@N05/6557038943/

I think there are some antennae there too, but not sure.

I live in the Cynon Valley, South Wales, & fairly high up-ish.

I've tried to read some reviews online but being a total novice they are a bit over my head.

The scanners used to belong to my father who loved his airband monitoring for many years. I also remember him having a Cobra 148 GTL & a Colt 1600(?) With which he'd spend hours on in the car on the mountain above our house (1980s). I'm hoping to find some of the cards he had sent to him from all over the globe. I'd also like to get a Cobra too or a more modern equivalent perhaps? Sorry to ramble on about stuff I'm not sure about, hopefully someone can help me get started.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Merc
porky.69
Legend
Legend

Re: Hello

Post by porky.69 »

welcome to tm1 :D
This is my Territory.....Be on your way 8)
Adriano9966
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Adriano9966 »

:D Hello Mercury and firstly welcome to the forum secondly my compliments for following in your fathers footsteps and entering into the fascinating hobby of radio.

Thirdly you could not have picked a better forum for help and advice regarding setting up your scanners ,which antenna to use for your circumstances, choosing a cb,installing it into a vehicle or at home, what is DX? how does propagation work etc and even advice on taking the foundation amateur radio exam(if required)

:) I hope that you enjoy transmission1 forum. Don't be afraid to ask questions there are some really great people on here who will be happy to help you

;) kind regards Adrian
Corblimeyguvnar
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM097

Post by Corblimeyguvnar »

Greetings
Ashtec
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: M6LTD