Easy way of getting PMR446, Marine, UK Simple etc frequencies onto UBC125XLT

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
spencerm
Regular
Regular

Easy way of getting PMR446, Marine, UK Simple etc frequencies onto UBC125XLT

Post by spencerm »

Is there a way to get a comprehensive file of all the PMR446, Marine etc frequencies and upload these to my UBC125XLT instead of typing them all out?
Ur5by9

Re: Easy way of getting PMR446, Marine, UK Simple etc frequencies onto UBC125XLT

Post by Ur5by9 »

If i remember right , I used the Chirp software to program mines. Although it might have been Scan125 software.

It was one or the other and very simple to do.
spencerm
Regular
Regular

Re: Easy way of getting PMR446, Marine, UK Simple etc frequencies onto UBC125XLT

Post by spencerm »

Thanks, but I was wondering if I can get all the channels together somehow without having to gather them manually.
Ur5by9

Post by Ur5by9 »

The more I think about it the software was Scan125

Its free to download https://www.nick-bailey.co.uk/scan125/

Yes you can easily get the list for the frequencies of interest

Its best to make your own file up and it is very simple.

If you google the PMR band frequencies you will get the list and the same for marine band and so on.

give it a try you will be surprised how easy it is.
scan125
Call Sign: 26TM8080

Post by scan125 »

If you use Scan125 then instead of typing the frequencies in manually the quickest and easiest way is to get all your frequencies into a CSV file. Once in a CSV file then you can use Scan125Convert to create a Scan125 compatible data file and load that directly into the scanner.

For those not familiar with CSV files they are just text files where the field data/variables are separated by a "comma". CSV=Comma Separated Variables.

If your source frequencies are in an Excel or other spreadsheet format then Excel, Calc, etc. can save selected data to a CSV file for you.
Nick - Author Of: Scan125 - Scan75 - DriveR8 - http://www.nick-bailey.co.uk