md-uv380 no audio on some dmr freqs

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
dwabbit
New User
New User
Call Sign: m1cdq

md-uv380 no audio on some dmr freqs

Post by dwabbit »

md-uv380 right settings no audio ?????
Ive just been banging my head against the ATU trying to fathom out an issue on my md-uv380.
On setting up the freq tx,rx the talk group and cc,ts. it was receiving the signal but no audio.
its a freq i was only going to be listening to not transmitting.
I could not get audio even in promiscuous mode.whis is done by turning groupcall and private call off in the menu.

Then i stumbled on this snippet of info
---------------------------------------------------
If you program a DMR radio with the same RX and TX frequencies, it will default to decoding simplex or 'direct' communications (often referred to as Direct Mode'). If you set different RX and TX frequencies, it defaults to Repeater Mode. Direct Mode cannot decode a repeater signal, and Repeater Mode cannot decode a Direct Mode signal. Its the same for all DMR radios. Note you can't use Direct Mode to decode the input/uplink side of a Repeater setup, nor a system that operates with RAS.

--------------------------------------
I had put the same freq in the tx and rx. i just changed the tx freq and BINGO i have voices.