Fireground analogue FM

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
mds

Re: Fireground analogue FM

Post by mds »

Anyone have a list as to which county's use analogue and digital.
M3YGQ
YAESU FT-60 | YAESU VX-150 | YAESU FT-7800E | YAESU FT897D | ICOM IC E92D
UNIDEN UBC- 3500XLT YAESU FT-8900
ALAN HP450 PMR446
Goffy
Regular
Regular

Post by Goffy »

Tyne & Wear still using analogue on 457.0375 NFM. I heard them yesterday in the Sunderland area. It was definitely them because I was close enough to see them and what they were saying corresponded with what I could see them doing. 100% sure of that.
Mikel
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Mikel »

Goffy wrote: 03 Jul 2019, 05:34 Tyne & Wear still using analogue on 457.0375 NFM. I heard them yesterday in the Sunderland area. It was definitely them because I was close enough to see them and what they were saying corresponded with what I could see them doing. 100% sure of that.
Same in Caerphilly, analogue on 457.0375, hear them every day, especially this time of year with the kids setting fire to every bit of dry grass or woodland in sight.
They seem to use some of the other channels, again analogue, when training mainly I think as I am only a couple of miles from the fire station as the crow flies.
................................................................................................2W0NBF.........................................................
Goffy
Regular
Regular

Post by Goffy »

Mikel wrote: 09 Jul 2019, 06:36
Same in Caerphilly, analogue on 457.0375, hear them every day, especially this time of year with the kids setting fire to every bit of dry grass or woodland in sight.
They seem to use some of the other channels, again analogue, when training mainly I think as I am only a couple of miles from the fire station as the crow flies.
[/quote]

Yeah I heard one of the other UHF channels (457.1375 I think but cant be 100% sure) and it was obviously linking the handheld back to the Airwave mainset because he was clearly talking to the control room using stop codes and formal mainset radio procedure, just like we used to hear on 71mhz back in the day. A uhf repeater on the fire engine relaying the Airwave comms via uhf analogue to his handheld...although i did only hear him transmitting not the base station.Reminded me of the UHF repeater system they (and the police and ambulance service too) had in the analogue days where the vhf mainset would be relayed via UHF so they could speak to the control room whist away from the vehicle.

Funnily enough this was a kid with his head stuck in something and the previous day it was kids setting grass fires and the firemen were out on foot trying to find the source of the smoke. So yeah its that time of year!
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by thelad »

Are you sure it was Airwave and not just the "stop" being relayed from the WC to the driver to then radio on.
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Magiksun TM-490 (BF-888) x3
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6
Goffy
Regular
Regular

Post by Goffy »

thelad wrote: 10 Jul 2019, 05:16 Are you sure it was Airwave and not just the "stop" being relayed from the WC to the driver to then radio on.
I suppose it could have been that but it wasnt just the stop code, the WC used the appliance callsign too and it just sounded like a mainset message the rt procedure being used. The back to back handheld comms normally have a much less formal tone ie no callsigns, use of first names etc. I'm still thinking thre might be some kind of gateway from the fm handhelds into the airwave sysytem. I'll keep llistening and report back.
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by thelad »

Yes i think i have heard Airwave patched in to the Fireground in the early days.
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Magiksun TM-490 (BF-888) x3
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6
radtech
Call Sign: Rich

Post by radtech »

Quite a few counties use a cross band setup in the appliance and can relay Airwave talkgroup onto any UHF
channel. This is either simplex or crosslink on the repeater channel 457.1375 so they can talk back to control.

In my area they mainly use it when at events or at fire safety visits.
Rich
Goffy
Regular
Regular

Post by Goffy »

I just remembered there used to be a simplex fm allocation on 80.0125 and 80.025 used for appliance to appliance comms on the main vhf set in the cab. I was never really sure of why this was needed when the uhf handhelds did the same thing.
Metradio
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: G7HID

Post by Metradio »

Longer range ...

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD V1.

Whistler WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.