Newbie Help please

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
gchaddy
Registered New User
Registered New User

Newbie Help please

Post by gchaddy »

Hi Im gary and pretty new to all this ive purchased a Uniden UBC125XLT and have managed to set up most my local airport frequencies
and a few taxis . im now looking to have a scan about to see what else i can pic up. im connected to an external antenna and live in the Bolton area of Manchester. im looking at setting up my search frequencies ranges . any tips whats best to set the banks up to search for example what range to set for say military act
thanks in advance Gary
scan125
Call Sign: 26TM8080

Re: Newbie Help please

Post by scan125 »

Welcome Gary.

I'm not a "frequency expert" when it comes to setting up any scanner for any particular target/interested listening choice. However I am the author the free Scan125 Control Program that is now used by over 3000 users in over 50 countries world wide. You may find Scan125 most helpful in not only setting and managing frequencies in your UBC125XLT but will also give you full PC control and virtual display thus allowing the scanner to be used as a computer controlled base station with recording ability.

See my signature for relevant link.
Nick - Author Of: Scan125 - Scan75 - DriveR8 - http://www.nick-bailey.co.uk
gchaddy
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by gchaddy »

scan125 wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 17:15 Welcome Gary.

I'm not a "frequency expert" when it comes to setting up any scanner for any particular target/interested listening choice. However I am the author the free Scan125 Control Program that is now used by over 3000 users in over 50 countries world wide. You may find Scan125 most helpful in not only setting and managing frequencies in your UBC125XLT but will also give you full PC control and virtual display thus allowing the scanner to be used as a computer controlled base station with recording ability.

See my signature for relevant link.

Hi Thanks for your reply I have already downloaded Scan125 has it came highly recommended . Thanks its a very hand easy to use piece of software and saves you a lot of time. Any plans for a Mac version :)
scan125
Call Sign: 26TM8080

Post by scan125 »

Any plans for a Mac version :)
Sorry no. However people are running Scan125 on MAC hardware, but still it still requires Windows.
Nick - Author Of: Scan125 - Scan75 - DriveR8 - http://www.nick-bailey.co.uk
gchaddy
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by gchaddy »

scan125 wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 09:50
Any plans for a Mac version :)
Sorry no. However people are running Scan125 on MAC hardware, but still it still requires Windows.
Shame great software though thanks