South East?

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
rationalgaze

South East?

Post by rationalgaze »

Long shot, but, anyone in the South East picking up the random Islamic chat on 454.7625? Constantly open with somebody chanting and speaking what sounds like arabic. Coming in quite strong to me in Essex. Any idea what it could be, even if you can't hear it?

Thanks.

EDIT: Ignore me, it's a local mosque. Forgot I had a scanning directory book back of the cupboard. ;P
Some people never use their initiative because nobody told them to.
WARLOCK
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM134

Re: South East?

Post by WARLOCK »

long time no see or hear, welcome back Rationalglase Thank god cant hear it in cambridgshire.
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

Mosques broadcast on 454Mhz-455Mhz, they're known as Masjid, Azan, and Adhan and can be heard in most large Towns and Cities.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
Brownie2k2001

Post by Brownie2k2001 »

Yup i get a lot round here too in Manchester. I think it's the Call to Prayer or something like that.

Must have it on about 2 or 3 frequencies round here
rationalgaze

Post by rationalgaze »

WARLOCK wrote:long time no see or hear, welcome back Rationalglase Thank god cant hear it in cambridgshire.
Thanks. Had fallen out of love with listening for a good while. Been listening much more regular these days, though. Thanks also for the above information. :thumbup:

EDIT: Any one have any luck scanning digitally in the South East? Interested in getting involved in the digital scanning side of things but not sure if it's being utilized enough to warrant trying to listen into it. Local shopwatch (almost the only interesting thing I've got left to listen to) is thankfully still available.
Some people never use their initiative because nobody told them to.