Which scanner or receiver

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Re: Which scanner or receiver

Post by Admiral »

This is just my gut feeling so don't take it too seriously, it is merely based on being very old and guessing, but as the DV-1 has been out for a good while now, and there is some serious competition at last, and the competition is approximately half the retail price of the DV-1, especially if there is a DV-1A on the drawing board (more speculation) don't be too surprised if there is a 20% price cut on the DV-1 this side of Xmas. Again, not based on any knowledge, just a hunch.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Which scanner or receiver

Post by stratocaster »

Admiral wrote:This is just my gut feeling so don't take it too seriously, it is merely based on being very old and guessing, but as the DV-1 has been out for a good while now, and there is some serious competition at last, and the competition is approximately half the retail price of the DV-1, especially if there is a DV-1A on the drawing board (more speculation) don't be too surprised if there is a 20% price cut on the DV-1 this side of Xmas. Again, not based on any knowledge, just a hunch.
DV1A? I'm not for one minute doubting you etc, but surely the whole idea of firmware updates etc is to upgrade/update the system you are using via newer programmes?
You can never have enough radios!