dongle connecter lead

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
paulears
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: G4RMT

Re: dongle connecter lead

Post by paulears »

Stan - If you don't have a shed full of old cables, leads and connectors, the postage and new connectors is just how it is - they're never wasted! I've just done exactly the same thing, and didn't realise it had that kind of connector. I needed an N socket - so an old video flylead from the shed, chopped the end off and soldered it to an old N type chassis socket. Cost zero. However, until I found the bits, I was looking on ebay - every kind of adaptor is available and many are free postage - but a 3 week wait for the slow boat (plane) from China.

The annoying thing is that when looking for the bits, I found the damn SDR dongle with the right socket that made me buy the new one!
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

paulears wrote:Stan - If you don't have a shed full of old cables, leads and connectors, the postage and new connectors is just how it is - they're never wasted! I've just done exactly the same thing, and didn't realise it had that kind of connector. I needed an N socket - so an old video flylead from the shed, chopped the end off and soldered it to an old N type chassis socket. Cost zero. However, until I found the bits, I was looking on ebay - every kind of adaptor is available and many are free postage - but a 3 week wait for the slow boat (plane) from China.

The annoying thing is that when looking for the bits, I found the damn SDR dongle with the right socket that made me buy the new one!
i have got a load of bits but i dont have that RF connector i dont know whats it called? its all a bloody pain if only i noticed the dongle had tha connector i would have got a different one :x i thought there would be one on ebay thats ready to go ,but it looks like there isnt one ,so i will have to make one ,should i use normal radio coax ?il have get the bits from Maplins thanks for every ones help and brownie if you make me one ill pay you what it cost and would be really gratefull thanks Stan
love your familly
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

what is round push in connector called so i can get the bits together
love your familly
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by radiosification »

stanogs68 wrote:what is round push in connector called so i can get the bits together
The one I already told you about earlier in this thread, or a different one?
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification
Brownie2k2001

Post by Brownie2k2001 »

I'm off work on Wednesday so i'll get one built for you pal.
All you'll need to get is the female to female coupler which will set you back a couple of quid
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

radiosification wrote:
stanogs68 wrote:what is round push in connector called so i can get the bits together
The one I already told you about earlier in this thread, or a different one?
sorry mate i didnt notice that post so its a belling lee connector ill have a look for one off them then thanks
love your familly
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

Brownie2k2001 wrote:I'm off work on Wednesday so i'll get one built for you pal.
All you'll need to get is the female to female coupler which will set you back a couple of quid
cheers brownie but im having trouble finding this belling lee connector i wonder if i have to search for a special belling lee connector im trying to get them to you before your day off (thanks by the way ) ???? :?
love your familly
Brownie2k2001

Post by Brownie2k2001 »

Gonna PM you pal
paulears
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: G4RMT

Post by paulears »

http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-signal/rw1-0 ... dp/CN15996 This one can let you use a TV aerial cable extension.
http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-signal/rw3-0 ... dp/CN16063this one gives you an N type outlet
CPC have lots of interesting adaptors - there is a minimum order value to get free postage but they do every kind of lead and cable you can think of - pretty cheap too!

PS CPC know people have no idea a TV aerial connector is a Belling Lee - so they call them ............. TV Coax connector!
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

cheers paul had to register about a thousand quetions then £2.50 postage thats the right connector though thank youn
love your familly
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

M6LIG / 2E0LIG / 26TM1995

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
YAESU FT-857D - Watson W50 - HF-SE-360
Malahit SDR - Ground Loop
Panasonic DR28-LBE