vb cable

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Re: vb cable

Post by stanogs68 »

admiral ,downloaded hdsdr and set my sound settings as yours do i use dsd from a seperate folder or download it to the hdsdr file ,there is sound with hdsdr but yet to get it working with dsd to check decoding and soun ,(ps it takes some getting used to the settings ,complicated for me but you know what im like haha ,thanks stan )
love your familly
mickydt
Call Sign: 26tm441

Post by mickydt »

with whistler and aor bringing out dmr scanners i think the likes of sdrsharp now need to have dmr and some other digital modes built in or they are going to get left behind.

lets face it, it is easier to buy a digital scanner than mucking around with all different programs just to get digital.
supporting those with sickness and disabilities at - https://socialhub.forumotion.co.uk/
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

what a thousand pound,!!!!!!! if my six numbers come in ill get two lets hope !!!!!!!!
love your familly
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

do you listen todrm or fm if your trying to snag dmr radios on 446 on hdsdr
love your familly
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

FM.

The closest DRM comes to DMR is that it's an anagram. DRM is Digital Radio Mondiale which is an old digital protocol for commercial broadcasts, generally (but not necessarily) in the SW (HF) spectrum, and is nothing to do with DMR which is Digital Mobile Radio, this obviously is an all encompassing title, but is generally a pseudonym for MotoTrbo.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

do you know what admiral i never even noticed the letters were the wrong way round ,so im right on fm ?? unless like you say its motoTrbo ??
love your familly
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

Yes Stan, use FM, DMR/MotoTrbo basically does some clever stuff and then modulates itself onto what is effectively an FM carrier.

Bottom right you'll see this:

hdsdr.PNG

On the bottom box drag the red line to just to the right of the furthest right signal stream, that sets the width of the FM, get it as narrow as you dare for best results, on most of the other SDR programs you have to input numbers, HDSDR makes it an awful lot easier and quicker, not all DMR signals are the same.

Howard.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Admiral on 28 Oct 2016, 15:04, edited 1 time in total.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

i wondered how to use that box ,cheers admiral
love your familly
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

Went back to sdr# got it worjing sort of ul .with help hsha now mouse pad keepds freezing ;,tried compatability options lost now any computer wizards out there - on windows ten :D. Ps anyone got a copy of windows7 cheers
love your familly