Uniden UBC3500XLT Audio Problem

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
TJL75
Regular
Regular

Uniden UBC3500XLT Audio Problem

Post by TJL75 »

My father in law owns a Uniden UBC 3500XLT scanner which seems to have developed an audio problem. When listening to a channel the speech is intermittent for a split second then continues ok then is intermittent

He has 4 radio channels installed and when listening it is quite noticeable. Audio is interrupted momentarily every 3 to 4 seconds

Has anyone any idea what could be causing this

Any help appreciated
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Re: Uniden UBC3500XLT Audio Problem

Post by Admiral »

Does he have a priority channel set and active?
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
TJL75
Regular
Regular

Post by TJL75 »

Sorry but could you explain in real novice terms. A friend of his who no longer lives nearby set the scanner up for him. He is 89 and I'm his first port of call for help now but I've never had a scanner so don't know what you mean
TJL75
Regular
Regular

Post by TJL75 »

I have checked his scanner as best I can and it seems to have been set very simply into 2 systems

1 Main System with 1 group of channels which are a mixture of CB, Marine, Air, Coastgaurd etc and these are the channels which he scans to see if their is any traffic

2 Radio System with 2 groups one for National containing Radio2 and Radio4 and the other group contains 2 local radio stations

The radio system channels are locked out of his scan ( it just scans the main system channels) and he can access the 4 radio channels individually

All channels are being interrupted and this has only just started happening. He has had the scanner for about 9 months and has worked fine until now