Radio over IP

A place to discuss internet linking of radio equipment, such as eQSO, FRN, iRLP, Echolink, and other such systems.
hpssb
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: Loz

Radio over IP

Post by hpssb »

Anyone here playing with radio over IP, with the "ip" end a mobile phone a PC app?

We are currently building the hardware for this, criteria it must be easily home made by someone with intermediate level tools and knowledge, i.e. able to solder am electronics kit together. Not decided on software yet. Must have a free noncommercial version available for mobile phone and PC. Currently trying Zello with a hardware interface that makes a gateway look like a PC client to get around the no free gateways limitation.

Will be looking for users familiar with cb operation to join in using a mobile phone or pc app. Radio this end will be using ssb (no am or fm on cb over here in oz) on the oz chat / call channel 35lsb, so familiarity with the"ssb sound" would be good. Clarification shouldnt be an issue, radio is stable to within 10hz and all the locals on air here have sliders.

Anyone here want to have a play? Will hopefully be ready in few weeks.

Loz!
phillmobile
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Radio over IP

Post by phillmobile »

cisco routers with e and m cards
Gareth1125
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: M6IGJ

Post by Gareth1125 »

Hi there. In short, I am. I run VoIP/RoIP system that takes full RX/TX radio feeds from nets and hubs around the world and run them though our private server that can then be accessed via a PC, Linux, Mac, iOs and android devices...

Happy to share any information that might be of use to you if you wish. Either post on here or PM me.

Cheers,

Gareth

www.internationalradionetwork.co.uk

hpssb wrote:Anyone here playing with radio over IP, with the "ip" end a mobile phone a PC app?

We are currently building the hardware for this, criteria it must be easily home made by someone with intermediate level tools and knowledge, i.e. able to solder am electronics kit together. Not decided on software yet. Must have a free noncommercial version available for mobile phone and PC. Currently trying Zello with a hardware interface that makes a gateway look like a PC client to get around the no free gateways limitation.

Will be looking for users familiar with cb operation to join in using a mobile phone or pc app. Radio this end will be using ssb (no am or fm on cb over here in oz) on the oz chat / call channel 35lsb, so familiarity with the"ssb sound" would be good. Clarification shouldnt be an issue, radio is stable to within 10hz and all the locals on air here have sliders.

Anyone here want to have a play? Will hopefully be ready in few weeks.

Loz!
lbcomms
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by lbcomms »

Gareth1125 wrote:Happy to share any information that might be of use to you if you wish. Either post on here or PM
Loz is away at the moment working in the outback with no / very limited internet coverage, he's been there since the end of February and will be back next week (Easter). I'm sure he'll reply as soon as he gets back to civilization...
Gareth1125
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: M6IGJ

Post by Gareth1125 »

No worries... I'm always around and happy to help other get set up with their own VoIP/RoIP based connections.

Gareth
hpssb
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: Loz

Post by hpssb »

Gareth1125 wrote:happy to help other get set up with their own VoIP/RoIP
Hi Gareth,
Been away working for a few months, had to put this on hold till i got back.

Found a few that need a ham ticket such as echolink, these are no good to us as i want it to work on the oz version of pmr and hf/ssb radios.

One that looks promising is zello, the pc client should be workable from an ethernet or wifi connected pc. By customizing and detecting the tones the pc client sends at the start and end of the transmission it will be able to control the radio without using ptt. Development of this is an early stage though and we are still looking for any other platforms that can do it.

Can you give us some more detail on your setup, as in it it ham only and are the software apps for pc and android paid or no cost? Are the hardware interface details such as schematics available or do you need to buy special boxes?

Loz!