Broadnet Systems BN01

A place to discuss internet linking of radio equipment, such as eQSO, FRN, iRLP, Echolink, and other such systems.
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Broadnet Systems BN01

Post by LeakyFeeder »

Great looking bit of kit...esp if your an Airwave Walt wannabe....
TRON

Post by TRON »

Tigersaw wrote:Until this thread started I'd not heard of Zello. Loaded it onto my works telephone today with my colleague and we were using it instead of the VHF, its quite good.
Then searched around for any radio groups, few scanner groups and a sussex downs repeater group - maybe someone will create a TX1 group, you never know
Tried HF. All I got was 5+9 whats my number. Lost interest. Anyway, it meant I was tethered to a desk unless I wanted my car to look like like the sort of thing Doc. Brown from Back to the future would drive.
Then I started to get into VHF / UHF work. Its not too bad, but repeaters around here are almost dead and, as I live in the bottom of a valley my simplex work is somewhat limited.

This is where RoIP came in. I set up a node at home (coverage in the valley) and then built a node in a suitcase that went in the boot of the car.

That is where RoIP died. It was impossible to get people to sign in to a server and stay there. They'd sign in, fail to hear live Airwave traffic and then rage quit. Either that or scam us out of free software and info and then disappear.

WIth this system, there is the potential for something a little "different". Its as close to a nationwide trunking system for amateurs as we will ever get.
Don't ANYONE mention DMR-MARC.. Point to point calls are not allowed on there.

If I can get hold of some of these handsets, and get something set up, I'll let you guys know.
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by radiosification »

Tigersaw wrote: maybe someone will create a TX1 group, you never know
There already is one! I think it's called transmission1
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification
TRON

Post by TRON »

Whats that on? Zello?
Tigersaw
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: GW6RRL

Post by Tigersaw »

found it - needs a password to join
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

TRON wrote:Whats that on? Zello?
Yes. Oh, I just realised it needs a password, and I don't remember the password since it was so long ago that I added the channel. Maybe a forum search would find it.
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Password is radiousers50
TRON

Post by TRON »

Good god... Looks like it is just us three. Reminds me of the bad old days of Teamspeak.
Trouble is, if we dare to advertise this in the hope of getting some sort of a chat going, there will no doubt be a lot of flaming from the "SSB till i die" crowd.
What to do?
Tigersaw
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Tigersaw »

it says there are 51 users in total, just 3 online. thats us I guess.
Problem is its a battery muncher - cant really leave it running when not actually using it.
going to load it onto the 'pad as well later
TRON

Post by TRON »

It isn't a battery muncher. You've just been conned (like everyone else) with a prototype device. I'll bet your little white dumbphone spends 60% of its life on charge doesn't it?
You are a G6 callsign, so I refuse to beleive you can't run the numbers with Ohms law. Look at the size of the battery on your little "slice of joy". Just look at it.

I want you to make a youtube video showing what happens to mass produced tat when it is discovered that it doesn't have the minerals to stand up to normal usage. You are allowed 400W RF output. Feed that battery a 400W sine and post the result on youtube for all to see.

Seriously though.. I think this is where these chinese jobbies will really shine. Its a lower speed processor (no idea of efficiency yet) but a MUCH bigger battery. I really like the idea of something that rids itself of its fashionable shackles (size) and instead, focuses on its intended purpose: AUDIO.
Tigersaw
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Tigersaw »

its a workphone.
however, it usually lasts about 4 days on a charge, but its used 25% in a few hours since zello was running in the background.

My own phone lasts over a month on a charge. Its IP67 and as robust as you can get. But not even that would survive your 400w test.
DistantSignal

Post by DistantSignal »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-5-Outdoor-R ... 6772&rt=nc

"Sometimes mobile networks just aren't available and you could find yourself out in the wilds but with this phone you are never alone as it has a full band 400 - 480MHz walkie-talkie built in letting you communicate with others even if there are no mobile signals to be found."
radiogaga
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM399

Post by radiogaga »

DistantSignal wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-5-Outdoor-R ... 6772&rt=nc

"Sometimes mobile networks just aren't available and you could find yourself out in the wilds but with this phone you are never alone as it has a full band 400 - 480MHz walkie-talkie built in letting you communicate with others even if there are no mobile signals to be found."
Is that a different beast? As I understand the Broadnet option is digital? Incidentally the one above is poor quality, a friend had one that lasted about 2 weeks. He bought it because he's a builder and wanted something robust... It's not!
26TM399 Hampshire and Isle of Wight
30TM399 Northern Costa Blanca
welshevo
Call Sign: 163TM995

Post by welshevo »

im definatley up for getting one of these... but as i have dealt with TRON in the past id prefer to buy off him! instead of this broad net company.... and the support and assistance you would get from TRON would be exceptional!!
:thumbup: Tetra is a Lonely place! Get DMR instead! (163TM995) ...... :thumbup:
TRON

Post by TRON »

Anyone who GENUINELY wants one of these needs to let me know soon.