Sussexdowns

A place to discuss internet linking of radio equipment, such as eQSO, FRN, iRLP, Echolink, and other such systems.
Mad4radio

Sussexdowns

Post by Mad4radio »

Sussexdowns!! Where do I start, absolute utter crap I hear them on FRN bigging they TS server up it's got this on & got that on when Infact it hasn't got nothing on apart from x2 gateways on & both you carnt work via unless you've built your way up...... 1st you start with a foundation license on they server then the more you visit you progress onto an intermediate license before reaching your full "what the hell is all that about"
Crap crap crap!! & like I'll make a point to everyone is stay bloody clear they's far better out they...... Sussexdowns seriously "c'mon" it must make you smile when your talking your crap on the server & even on your crosslink me for one doesn't want to hear it & pretty much everyone else doesn't want to hear it I connect to FRN to talk to folk not get the big low down about your crappy server where they's nothing at all happening apart from x2 gateways that you carnt even listen on without having the details for the channels..... Talk your crap in your own channel on your own server not on FRN!!
SecretShortwave
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Sussexdowns

Post by SecretShortwave »

Connected this morning cannot not do anything on there apart from listen to music in the lobby which has the audio levels set far to high, anything else requires a password, wots the point ???? i dont want talk permissions just want to listen to the C-O cb feed but need a password to do this now.charlie oscar would do well to find him self a new server provider has this is dead in the water now. Anyone from sussex downs seeing this should take note, my teamspeak url for your server is for all intents and purposes a dead link now and has been deleted also in the spirit of radio a gateway should not be a subscription service but there for the radio user to take advantage of. I have no desire to have all these levels of permissions some people may not have a problem with this but i do {bnghd} RIP sussex downs and who knows if this is the trend RIP gateways.
Mad4radio

Post by Mad4radio »

It's like I said & totally agree with you "Sussexdowns Radio" has joke wrote all over it what a set of absolute plant pots right fair..... They know nothing other than how to loop audio i.e they so called "crosslinks" that they heavily rely on (ha ha ha) even they blooming music channel plays nowt but crap!! I much prefer having my own capabilities of choosing what I want to hear via my DAB radio than listening to that crap....... If I was to sum up sussexdowns in one word "CRAP"
freqdev
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by freqdev »

Hi fairly new to this forum strangely i herd about it through sussex downs and i was very surprised to read your post, Im new to radio and network linking and i found the people on the channel to be very helpful and have met some very interesting people from around the world compared to other networks which seem very quiet. i'm impressed with what they are trying to do with teamspeak which seems to be just a free hub with different networks which radio's etc can connect to. Sussex downs is linked to the ukradionetwork hub which they maintain but far as can tell many people help out on it. its very much like cb with lots of different people passing through. i see this post is old so maybe the people on it at the time were different i dont know as i say im new but seems odd to slate a channel as surly like the 19 on the cb you are not always going to like the people who are on it and your not going to slate cb or channel 19 just because the people on there.
Mad4radio

Post by Mad4radio »

I think this image says it all about sussex downs of which was grabbed via a group on FB of users of that very system "sussex downs only promotes the idiots of the hobby"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sgfcultrajon
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: M6WXF

Post by Sgfcultrajon »

I love it to be honest I want Stockport to gatway into it
Yaesu FT1XD
Icom Id31
Dvmega
Broadcasting from Stockport SK1
callsign's (Sgfcultrajon-Thorbjorn)(26-TM-780)(26CT2318)
Ham Radio Call:M6WXF