Roip interface to MPT Trunked system

A place to discuss internet linking of radio equipment, such as eQSO, FRN, iRLP, Echolink, and other such systems.
Mickyallsorts
Registered New User
Registered New User

Roip interface to MPT Trunked system

Post by Mickyallsorts »

Hi,

I have a requirement to interface our MPT1327 Trunked radio system to a friendly PTT app such as Zello. Can anyone point me in the right direction to buy or have someone build a gateway device for me please. Most of the stuff I google seems to be outside the UK.

I realise this is an ageing analogue system but I just need to create a link for a couple of months as we migrate to a tier 3 system.

Would appreciate any help.

Micky
TRON

Re: Roip interface to MPT Trunked system

Post by TRON »

I could do that. I've built a few bits and bobs for RoIP / internet linking with things like telephone patch etc.
Have a look at the links in my signature, you'll see the sorts of things that I build.
Where abouts are you based?
welshevo
Call Sign: 163TM995

Post by welshevo »

Mickyallsorts.....i can confirm that TRON is the man! his products he builds are not only built to such a high specification but his after sales and care is just second too none! that's priceless in its self!! what TRON doesn't know about ROIP and building isn't worth knowing! anyway hope you guys can sort this out :) ..... Happy building TRON!
:thumbup: Tetra is a Lonely place! Get DMR instead! (163TM995) ...... :thumbup:
TRON

Post by TRON »

Must be urgent!
phillmobile
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by phillmobile »

dont down grade to digital mpt1327 is better
TRON

Post by TRON »

phillmobile wrote:dont down grade to digital mpt1327 is better
Can he receive radio traffic from an MPT1327 system whilst out of MPT1327 range? Can he send a quick message to someone from home with no radio?

1327 is ok, but the good old days of nationwide systems have gone. Now its just a few prime antenna sites serving many many users.
I would rather have access to a good, nationwide 1327 system than some homebrew RoIP or TRBO system, but there ARE no nationwide 1327 systems anymore, for that reason, alternatives have to be sought, and that leaves mobile phones, satelite phones, RoIP and Airwave. Slim pickings indeed.
How much does it cost for a single subscriber on a given 1327 system?