Digi Internet link

A place to discuss internet linking of radio equipment, such as eQSO, FRN, iRLP, Echolink, and other such systems.
Mad4radio

Digi Internet link

Post by Mad4radio »

Well looking on frn I see no digi gateways so woundering if anyone has set one up?? Or if they have what platform are the using to connect & pass digi traffic on. As looking on the info I have it seems that teamspeak was used in the past but not sure wether it's still used, Any of you digital guys know & if so can you provide details.

Regards All :-)
welshevo
Call Sign: 163TM995

Re: Digi Internet link

Post by welshevo »

i was looking at getting a motorola MTM and a sepura for FRN but decided to get some Kirisun digital instead but waiting on a TM1 user to let me know when i can have them,....but will be using the digital mode on there if thats any good?
:thumbup: Tetra is a Lonely place! Get DMR instead! (163TM995) ...... :thumbup:
Mad4radio

Post by Mad4radio »

I was watching a few YouTube vids of such a link system that was passing mototrbo & tetra traffic & seemed to work well however its unknown where they had the links wether it was in FRN or teamspeak,As for the kirisun's I've no idea as I beleave they's a possible grounding issue when it comes to plugging in a jack plug that will take & put audio back into the radio.Tron mentioned this in a previous post hense the reason why I've never taking the plunge into plugging the AQC interface into one of them on the chance I destroy the radio.They's plenty info on the s780's here:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/S780/info but nothing in relation to someone actually taking the time to set one up as a gateway.

Regards
welshevo

Post by welshevo »

yep i spoke to Tron on FRN he was the one who advised me against the Tetra and go for Kirisun...hes up for modding the handsfree kit of the kirisun to suit to the kirisuns, but he needs the ear piece to find out the GND + and - etc but until someone comes up with a solid plan i wont be plugging mine in either lol ...i know nokiaman2002 (gareth clements) used to use Teamspeak alot...but due to plastic police etc he took his tetra server down i think? but i could be wrong.....i would love to setup a full ROIP tetra server like nokiaman2002 and TRON but im hearing nightmare stories about the legallitys etc of owing such radios as the Sepura and Motorola....
Mad4radio

Post by Mad4radio »

Interesting, well if tron requires a hands free kit to play with I have a spare here I'd be happy to send him,didn't know anything about the legalalities of the sepura & moto stuff it's a shame as I've a DM4600 here that's good to go & itching to pass some digital traffic ;-) tried & tested via the parrot on FRN & works fine without any problems apart from the lack of digi users on there.
welshevo

Post by welshevo »

is that a MotorTrbo setup? im tempted with the Trbo stuff....but dont know much about it...
Mad4radio

Post by Mad4radio »

It is buddy, & works very well ;-) defo worth the penny's if DMR is your thing.
welshevo

Post by welshevo »

i am looking at the DP4800 with keypad!! very nice!!! indeed!!!
welshevo

Post by welshevo »

to connect to the FRN i would need a base station (Motortrbo) and also a portable for voice? (motortrbo)? ...im confused by time slots etc .....and the type of handies available....
Mad4radio

Post by Mad4radio »

They are buddy, I have a dp3600 I use to talk back to to base set & both work as well as expected, I do run a FRN gateway down here in west yorks analogue of course but defo interested in a DMR one as well on FRN as it's like I said earlier its pointless even putting it on they as no one is playing digital well not at the moe ;-)

The setup is simple mate instead of using ctcss codes,For example my base set is set up with slot 1 colour code 1 on my DMR FRN link,Now on the hand held its setup the exact same way for me to work into the link, Now if it doesn't match so say for example if the handheld is set to slot 2 colour code 1 it will reject the call into the link as its not set to what the base set is set at if that makes sense?? It's simple you just have to replicate what ever your base set is set too on the handheld device so when the base set detects the right header info it will allow data or voice to be passed via FRN, Pretty much similar to how you would work into a conventional ham repeater system using the right if I can call it access PL tones only this is DMR.

They's plenty info explaining the timeslots etc....on the interweb but for simplex operation I just set it up as slot1 colour code 1 & replicate it in the handheld, I could even set it up for slot 2 colour 1 but would have to set the handheld up the same in order to talk to the base set. Timeslots are more used when accessing a DMR repeaters as TG's can be scatterd across slot 1 & slot 2 as per the setup of most Uk DMR ham radio repeaters.

Regards
Last edited by Mad4radio on 14 Apr 2014, 10:26, edited 1 time in total.
welshevo

Post by welshevo »

ahh i got you!! so would i be able to use my existing moaqc interface with the motortrbo base station? and using the jacks or do i mod it? im looking on ebay now and they are cheaper than i expected!!
Mad4radio

Post by Mad4radio »

You would have to modify it,But buy a new one with the bare wires on the end that way it's less complicated or see tron he's made a cracking interface & can set it up with the right accessory connector so it will be as good as plug & play less pratting about & the look of it looks pretty much high spec.
moj

Post by moj »

I can also confirm the quality of daves work and I,m the same as you guys and staying away from your standard signalink boxes due to earth faults and preferring to buy the box that dave has made for use with my trbo and tetra gateway usage and also making up a Motorola rear connector and a suitcase node box for either my dp3600 or my dm4601 to make it ideal for use in the car and mobile use ;)

I know he's really busy but I don't mind waiting for him to build my box and as far as I'm reading he has changed his design slightly but I need to chat with him to hear his verdict for use of this new box with trbo etc

A lot of ppl have mentioned in the past that theres problems communicating with different firmwares of radios but so far I've not ran into this problem and I'm sure it will catch on soon if more people try these gateways out and see how clear they are to use ;)
Mad4radio

Post by Mad4radio »

Here here buddy ;-) tron's design is bang on, I've recently just been testing my trbo setup via the parrot box I have setup & it's working extremely well not using the FRN parrot as the audio sounds no way as nice as the simplex parrot software for what reason I'm unclear about but very impressed & no doubt others will as well when they catch onto this DMR parrot box as & when more users in my area invest in some digital gear. But yeah must agree with yourself I've not really run into much hassle touch wood.
(Must say tho I'm liking the idea of a portable dp3600 node) ;-)
moj

Post by moj »

Further to all this i finally got hold of a sepura carkit for my sepura radio which is what i originally wanted to base my node on after long frn chats with tron but i,m using trbo sets more now so i think i,m going to have to modify what i've been designing and try and find a kit for the dmr radios to power a radio on the move ? i have seen the incar cigar charger but there well over priced for an original motorola one .

Also i,ve bought a nice tidy and compact millitary case that was modded for the emergency services which is that small its ideal for this project which i found for sale at one of the radio rallys :)