FrnLinux project Sussex Downs Radio Link

A place to discuss internet linking of radio equipment, such as eQSO, FRN, iRLP, Echolink, and other such systems.
rummageit
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: blindcatz

FrnLinux project Sussex Downs Radio Link

Post by rummageit »

Hi I would like to introduce to you the Frn Linux Project there is currently active on the sussex downs radio link a cross link that runs on Linux on a raspberry pi machine. Which means a gateway can be set up very cheaply indeed and more importantly lower voltage and less space than a standard pc. The Software also runs on a standard linux install if you prefer it over windows. The software has just finished its beta testing. There are lots of benefits to the install which includes the possibility of remote control and freq changing on the fly but it is early days yet. You can find details of the project on our web site http://sussexdownsradiolink.blogspot.co ... infrn.html If you are on our facebook group you can msg the developer and get updates when it will be released. I hope you will join us and are as excited as we are about the project.
Black_Pirate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM034

Re: FrnLinux project Sussex Downs Radio Link

Post by Black_Pirate »

I have not got a PI yet but pulled over on the motorway for cuppa and heard the link ....sparked the old interest...
I,ll be setting up a link for the south west soon I hope...
I,v got all the gear except and antenna at the moment..
maybe shortly.... :-) :-) :-)
used to run a link a while ago so I hope it works.
looking for propagation for 2013 and beyond... Operating close to the Edge....
of reason......and the Quantocks...
Didi modes (JS8 on 27.245 usb) txt messages via radio lol at minus- 10 to 20 db..... 😊 See FB page...

26T.M.034
GOOD LUCK IN DX
TRON

Post by TRON »

rummageit wrote:Hi I would like to introduce to you the Frn Linux project on our web site http://sussexdownsradiolink.blogspot.co ... infrn.html
I just went to the link, and on the blog, there is another link for more info. Its dead.
I bought a Rasperry Pi 12 months ago specifically for setting up a mobile gateway, so I am interested...

Any news on this project?
rummageit
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: blindcatz

Post by rummageit »

hi the beta testing for the linux pi has finished, It can now be installed on any linux machine not just the pie. Im not certain yet when this is going to be released as of yet. i will put a notification up when it is, You can also visit www.sdrlcentral.co.uk and get in touch with the developer through either joining our page or facebook. thanks.
bli
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: SDR26BCW

Post by bli »

Hi sorry delay on this but lost account details. new frnlinx page can be found here http://linfrn.webs.com/
Or click link on main page sdrlcenral.co.uk